Senior Advisory Solution Consultant, Enterprise Accounts at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Solution Consultants play a vital role in the sales process by facilitating customer discovery workshops, demonstrating the solution, aligning to business value, and gathering customer feedback for future product innovation. Strong technical, sales, and consulting skills and the ability to translate technical capabilities into business benefits are crucial for this role. As a member of our pre-sales team, you will significantly impact our future success.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Core Solution Consultant, you will have the opportunity to discover and validate enterprise customers' business issues, create and communicate technical solutions that demonstrate and align how ServiceNow solutions deliver value and help our customers achieve their business outcomes.
- Assist the sales personnel in the qualification of enterprise customer needs and performing pre-demo needs analysis
- Participation on one or more strategic accounts, either in support or lead.
- Collaborate with Specialists, Architects, Value Consultants, and Product BU to support both pre-sales and post-sales activities.
- Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization.
- Demonstrations of the product are both standard and tailored to prospects and existing customers, both onsite and in a virtual environment.
- Demonstration of product in alignment with Identified Customer Business Initiatives.
- Generation of product demo scripts and scenarios and maintaining demonstration environment(s)
- Scoping and delivering Proof of Concept/Proof of Value engagements with prospects
- Responding to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Staying current on product developments/releases to a level required for demo and POC/POC
- Supporting Marketing events - user conferences, trade shows, webinars, etc
- Stay current on competitive analyses and understand differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Share and learn best practices and reusable assets with other Solution Consultants to enhance the quality and efficiency of the team
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products, including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security, etc.
- In conjunction with Sales Personnel and Professional Services, conduct transition briefing - communicate commitments, expectations, etc. in preparation for deployment
- Act as the ServiceNow subject matter expert at Executive briefings/marketing events
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of pre-sales solution consulting or sales engineering experience in (product specific area)
- Strong Pre-sales experience, ITSM experience, would be advantageous (Tool or business process).
- Mastery of the Sales process and trusted advisor for account representative
- Exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and learning new technology.
- Proven ability to demonstrate the technology to the business (bridge the gap).
- Ability to demonstrate value to the varying level's within their customer's
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
- Understanding of and experience selling IT architecture to enterprise companies.
- Background in ITIL, Service Management, Asset Management, IT Management is a plus
- Experience working with or knowledge of Managed Service Providers, Outsourcers, or Systems Integrators.
- Territory management skills, including pipeline building and working with Sales counterpart to guide execution excellence
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.