Senior Customer Success Manager, Commercial at Outreach
Industry and product knowledge
- Keeping abreast of sales and revenue trends to increase your credibility in the industry, e.g., going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, researching case studies
- Learning about the experiences other customers have with Outreach so that you can apply these successes and learnings to your conversations
- Developing expertise on the product - its value, use cases, features, and integrations.
Understanding success, influencing outcomes, and stakeholder management
- Knowing your book of business, what your customers are trying to accomplish, and translating these to our value framework
- Partnering with and influencing key stakeholders on how best to achieve these goals, removing roadblocks where necessary; this can range from product adoption, prioritization, or technical [handled directly or in partnership with internal teams]
- Navigating complex networks within an organization
- Contextualizing data and positioning return on investment and the overall strategy to differentiate the conversation [tailored to audience level]
- Monitoring customer health across the dimensions of stakeholder engagement, product usage, telemetry, and achievement of desired outcomes.
Delivering value and influencing renewals
- Partnering with Growth Account Executives in renewals and expansion opportunities; this includes taking a forward-looking view on upcoming renewals and enabling value-driving programs early and often while the GRAE leads commercial execution.
- Championing the development and programmatic execution of Customer Value Plans to seed the success for your accounts across your book of business.
- Identifying and acting quickly to resolve red flags that may put commercials at risk
Partner with internal resources, acting as a customer advocate
- Connecting internal teams to maximize the customer experience – Product, Professional Services, Support, Sales, Marketing, and Leadership
- Prioritizing multiple projects at the same time, managing several internal / external stakeholders who have varying priorities ranging from business, technical, and organizational
ABOUT YOU: At Outreach, we believe your skills and attributes ultimately make you successful in a role. Here's what we're looking for:
- Strategic & Critical Thinking - you connect the dots between objectives and action and can answer the customer needs [vs. what they asked]. There is no 'one size fits all approach to solving problems, and you use data and solid judgment to back up your approach. Paired with your curiosity, this leads you to new solutions, deeper relationships, and continued personal growth.
- Outcomes Focused - you focus on the actions and behaviors that influence outcomes and hold yourself and your customers accountable.
- Proactivity - you understand the big picture and are consistent in your efforts to guide customers on the path to success. This includes anticipating/resolving risks, strategically tapping internal resources, and maintaining precise alignment on success criteria.
- High EQ - an active listener and incredibly present, you pick up on the non-verbal cues and understand the tone of the conversation and how to communicate the right message to each audience member.
- Empathy - you believe Customer Success is People Success; it's not just retention and expansion. You are curious about the people you speak with, ask intelligent questions to unearth their pain points, and act as a partner in resolution.
- Trusted advisor - you are highly credible, able to engage internal and external stakeholders and align them to a shared vision. You know your customers, what they value, where they are in their maturity, and how to help them unlock their potential.
- Reliability - You are realistic about outcomes and comfortable in communicating these. Your actions show that you are accountable as the owner of your book of business, a teammate, and respect the process. As a result, the customer and Outreach can rely on your judgment, integrity, and transparency.
We think you'll likely have these skills and attributes if you have the following experience:
- 7-10 years of CSM, Account Management, or related experience in SaaS supporting business transformation and driving customer outcomes with a complex software platform
- Protecting renewals for a book of Enterprise-grade (500K+ ARR) customers through driving adoption of tools and influencing customers - you have consistently over-achievedMeasuring software ROI
- Understanding of sales processes, methodologies, and strategies
- Knowledge of the Sales Engagement space and content sequencing strategies
- Exposure to Sales Engagement or Marketing Automation Software and how they integrate with CRMs