Senior Director, Sales Finance & Commercial Operations – Inside Organization at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We are looking for a Senior Director, Sales Finance & Commercial Operations to support the Inside Sales Organization. The ideal candidate will have deep experience working with sales; understanding sales planning and operations, and have experience working in a fast-paced environment undergoing rapid expansion and change.
A strong understanding of enterprise software selling processes is preferred. The ideal candidate must be able to manage and scale the team to support the business while partnering effectively with sales leadership to develop and manage key processes in support of the customer sales cycles.
This role is responsible for partnering with the VP, Inside Organization to provide financial and operational guidance in support of renewals sales, Commercial Inside sales, and the Enterprise Sales Associates. This Inside Organization is a support organization to the subscription Account Executives. The Sales Finance & Commercial Operations leader will focus on the development of key KPI’s and operational processes to help drive the business, while also growing and developing a team of talented individuals.
What you get to do in this role:
· Trusted business partner to the VP, Inside Organization and the senior leadership team
· Provide business partners with actionable insights into business drivers, financial performance and risks in the form of regular and ad-hoc reporting
· Develop and evolve key performance metrics to help optimize sales productivity and influence executive decision-making
· Operationalize various programs and initiatives to help Sales sell better/more. Programs include but not limited to sales forecast, deal review and pipeline management, target accounts and product use case documentations.
· Lead annual planning activities which includes but not limited to financial modeling, coverage alignment, quota setting and influencing sales compensation plan design
· Identify and drive cross-functional initiatives to improve process, systems and automation to help the business scale
· Manage and develop a global team, while scaling to meet the demands of the business in a hyper growth environment
· Collaborate cross-functionally (eg: Sales, Customer Success, SOPS, Revenue, Legal, Compliance) to enable or drive projects and initiatives as the business representative for the Inside Organization
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has
· 12+ years of Sales Finance/Sales Operations experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Operations, MBA or advanced degree preferred
· Minimum 5+ years of experience managing, developing and building teams
· Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships at all levels of the organization
· Ability to lead and influence stakeholders
· A “can do” attitude and “roll up your sleeves” player-coach mentality
· Ability adapt to change quickly and is comfortable working in a face-paced environment
· Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
· Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required. Proficiency with PowerBI, Anaplan, and/or Tableau/SQL a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.