Senior Enterprise Account Executive, Insurance
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We are searching for an exceptional Senior Enterprise Account Executive with deep insurance industry experience and a track record of successfully selling SaaS solutions to F1000 customers to join our expanding enterprise team. The Senior Enterprise Account Executive will be responsible for developing and closing new business in the F1000 segment. This position will report directly to our VP of Enterprise Sales.
Successful candidates will be ultra-resourceful, follow a repeatable process, effectively orchestrate internal and external resources to win business, and build trusted client relationships.
What's the job really?
- Responsibilities will span developing a territory by networking, cold prospecting, following up on marketing qualified leads, and driving opportunities to closure.
- Network and cold prospecting to penetrate target customers to create Zipwhip awareness and uncover new opportunities.
- Create strategic account plans for top prospects to develop an in-depth penetration strategy to uncover and pursue opportunities at their earliest stage.
- Position Zipwhip business texting through value-based selling, targeting qualified use cases, understand customer buying process using Challenger Customer methodology and create velocity through business case definition, and reference selling.
- Build strong and trusted relationships cross-functionally and at different hierarchical levels of customer organizations to identify, drive, and deliver, on winning outcomes.
- Listen to prospects and customers to develop a deep understanding of their business objectives and earn the right to become their trusted advisor.
- Build a pipeline and maintain funnel accuracy. Create satisfied and referenceable customers.
- Travel < 30% of time though could change as required.
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of enterprise selling experience. Demonstrated track record for achieving quarterly/annual sales quota. Accurately forecast sales activity, revenue achievement, and update activity/prospect status in regular sales meeting.
- Insurance Industry expertise. Deep understanding of trends and challenges facing by the insurance industry. Familiarity with Claims and Distribution workflows.
- A strong network of contacts within F1000 insurance companies.
- A successful track record in creating compelling proposals, negotiating terms and managing the contracting process. Detail oriented.
- Proven strength in building and managing relationships along with presenting to a diverse audience from a business champion, technical teams, to C-level executives.
- Disciplined to follow a consistent process to stay organized.
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process.
- Eagerness to continuously learn and grow professionally.
- Positive attitude. Flexibility, team player and passion for the business.
- Leadership and multitasking skills in order to lead to a successful outcome for both customer and Zipwhip.
- You’re someone who aligns to and would embody our corporate values of Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, and Trust.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.