Senior Leader, Sales at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:26 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are eager to create a world class sales organization that can tackle a new ambiguous market, transforming a commodity into a technology sale. Leading our Sales team, you will be responsible for setting acquisition and growth targets, reporting to C-suite on performance across the entire organization, translating customer requirements and competitive insights into a strategic vision for growth.
As the Leader of Sales at Convoy, you will work to build a team of leaders that will manage a team to execute your vision and the vision of Convoy leadership.
Role & Responsibilities:
- You will be the Head of Sales at the Sr. Director, or VP level.
- Build, lead and manage a sizable team of Sr. Level Sales managers across multiple enterprise industry verticals.
- Define quarterly bookings and sales targets for new customer acquisition and growth across each segment of the business.
- Develop and maintain sales and revenue forecasts with routine reporting and tracking with internal team and executive team stakeholders.
- Partner with Senior Marketing leadership to analyze, manage and grow all aspects of lead generation via multiple channels.
- Continually analyze the company’s competition and formulate plans to develop and maintain an advantage.
- Create business architecture models that reflect our strategies and goals, informed by competitive and market intelligence.
- Translate company and customer requirements and strategy into a solution vision with high level specifications and a portfolio of implementation tasks.
- Develop and grow business development managers to meet projected sales and revenue targets, manage staff assignments, accounts, roles and professional development.
- Candidates will be responsible for all elements of the sales process from early opportunity identification, lead development, market strategy, initial customer engagement, acquisition and contract closure.
- Domestic and international travel to interface with the customer, attend meetings and trade shows is required (approximately 40%).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 15+ total years of progressive sales experience and a minimum of 7-10 years of sales leadership experience
- Demonstrable success managing a geographically distributed sales organization focused on enterprise sales.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it
- Must be a true self-starter, comfortable functioning without a roadmap. Must strongly want the opportunity and autonomy to decide how best to capitalize on a complex and sophisticated market that will require flexibility and the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity.
- Ideally, the candidate will have an understanding of the freight industry or related/equivalent supply chain subject matter expertise.
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills.
- Proven ability and experience managing and supporting closing deals in enterprise.
- Track record of aggressive YOY new business sales growth and accelerating team performance
- Track record of successfully building and sustaining relationships with clients in B2B sales.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com required
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.