Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About the team:
The Mid Market team is relatively new at Convoy and you’ll have the opportunity to help the direction of this team as we continue to scale this business. Our team has a wide range of freight experience, but all are hungry to win and grow this segment.
You are eager to get your foot in the door to drive GROWTH at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing Sales Team. In partnership with the broader Sales Leadership Team, the Sales Senior Manager will be responsible for managing the end to end sales process with a critical segment of our shipping customers; leading a dynamic group of sales professionals focused on acquisition and growth.
- Lead critical strategy, development and growth of the mid-market segment within Convoy’s portfolio, driving both new customer acquisition and growth of existing customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of Convoy - our offerings and market positioning, and play a key role in establishing and nurturing long term partnerships with mid-market and broader Sales leadership teams.
- Be a critical member of the revenue organization’s leadership; influencing our story/value proposition, go-to-market strategy and program offerings.
- Managing a team of highly skilled sales executives - coaching and challenging them to achieve ambitious goals, while nurturing longer-term career goals.
- Developing and executing data-driven sales processes (e.g. pipeline management and forecasting discipline).
- Building strong advocacy with key internal partner teams such as Legal, Pricing, Finance, Marketing and Product to accelerate deal velocity and growth.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of sales leadership experience in the tech industry or transportation/supply chain industry (e.g. managing and building teams, demonstrated success in growing client revenue and customer satisfaction).
- Experience managing high performing sales teams, including salespeople who’ve sold to Fortune 500 companies; within the C-Suite of said companies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing and influencing decision-makers and key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to positively impact and influence; strong peer relationship skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain internal relationships and build trust; thinking big and driving depth in customer engagement via internal partnerships.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously; prioritizing individual and sales professional time and customer focus.
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment that moves quickly.
- You are a self starter; comfortable with defining goals, success factors, and key metrics for programs, and delivering against them.
- You have the demonstrated ability to be an inspirational leader, including building and maintaining strong team culture and morale.
- You have strong analytical abilities with a background in planning and managing through data to make business decisions and drive business efficiency.
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills; written and verbal.
Nice to haves:
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience building & scaling teams.
- Experience leading teams at a startup.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!