Senior Salesforce Administrator at PayScale
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of crowd-sourced compensation data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!Job Description
What We Do: Revenue Operations is at the heart of delivering scalable and agile infrastructure and tools for our growing sales team and driving results for our 8000+ customers. We use data and technology to exceed customer and company goals and support critical business functions. We focus on driving sales automation, process and productivity, customer success, and revenue growth through automation and optimization.
What You Do: We are seeking a Senior Salesforce Administrator to join our Revenue Operations organization in a pivotal role focused on building and operating an effective business application architecture centered on the Salesforce platform. You will effectively own the Salesforce ecosystem and be expected to act as the all up subject matter expert and provide best practices that achieves business outcomes. You will work directly with stakeholders at all levels and across the business to design operational, scalable, and sustainable Salesforce solutions. The role is key to driving automation and scale in our business processes, ensuring the support of our users, and providing an agile platform for growth.
Day-in-the-Life: As a Senior Salesforce Administrator, a typical day may include the following…
- Working with key business and technology stakeholders to create full scope quote-to-cash solutions based on Salesforce.
- Working with product owners, project managers, and functional leads as the subject matter expert for solving complex high impact business challenges through the effective deployment of technology.
- Developing Salesforce and related systems to scale and optimize key processes that deliver business outcomes.
- Providing technical consultancy on platform configuration, custom development, and maintenance.
- Advising and leading troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and solution generation.
- Document processes and configuration using Atlassian Confluence and other tools.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of administrators.
First Year in Role:
- Month 3: You will have developed a solid understanding of our tool stack architecture and business automation workflows and developed a perspective on actions for improvement. You will be engaging with multiple teams to identify issue root causes and collaboratively create actionable solutions.
- Month 6: You will be independently creating, leading, or taking part in large cross-functional projects to develop and implement scalable solutions across the organization.
- Month 12: You will fully own advanced development projects that optimize the broader technical architecture and support improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of our teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- 7+ years of Salesforce administration experience in complex organizations, preferably SaaS companies
- Salesforce Administrator and Advanced Administrator Certification required
- Salesforce development with Apex and Visualforce
- Advanced experience with large datasets, data warehouses, and using data manipulation tools such as Dataloader
- Deep administration experience with 3rd party applications and integrations
- Expert in using process builder, workflows, and approval process solutions
- Expert in understanding Salesforce products and how to leverage the platform and AppExchange partners to develop business specific solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with API’s and integration / ETL technologies.
- Ability to expand our ROI by clearly defining the business application tech stack and identifying opportunities for projects and functionality that create long term value.
- Self-motivated with a track record of continuous learning.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the desire to improve processes and actively drive opportunities to resolution without supervision.
- The ability to navigate ambiguity and prioritize effectively under pressure.
- Project coordination and change management skills with a consistent track record of leading numerous (and simultaneous) projects to successful completion.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced dynamic structure with a strong desire to grow along with the company.
- Demonstrable ability to build effective partnerships with business owners and technical partners.
- Salesforce and other business applications including Gainsight, Outreach, Gong, DocuSign, Pendo, Tableau, Jira, Snowflake, HighSpot, DiscoverOrg, etc
Meet Your Manager: This role reports to Jason Parrish, Senior Director Revenue Operations. After spending 15 years in consulting and a few more in industry, Jason came to PayScale for the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-paced SaaS business. He is motivated by solving complex problems and creating a team environment where people are empowered to take ownership of challenges and deliver results.
Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclitus (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
- Recruiter Screen
- Hiring Manager Phone Interview
- Onsite / Zoom interview with the team
- Hiring decision
Benefits We Offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us every Friday. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.