Ready to challenge yourself to dive deep and think big? Ookla, the company behind Speedtest and Downdetector, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned clever ideas into unique products and a thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps, embedded in routers and deployed in thousands of servers. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data to help make the internet better, faster and more accessible for everyone. If you crave the chance to do your best work in a flexible work environment where we value individuality and fun as much as we value talent, we want to hear from you.
Do you have a unique combination of in-depth technical knowledge, business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills? Ookla is looking for a Solution Engineer that is passionate about technical sales, and working hands-on with customers. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert across the full life cycle of enterprise clients that license Ookla’s Powered products, including SDK, Embedded implementations, and SpatialBuzz. You will become an expert in the technology and methodologies that make Speedtest the World’s benchmark for internet speed testing.
We are people first, employees second at Ookla, and we know there is no one perfect path to any job. If you’re excited about the work we’re doing and think you have a creative new approach, please apply whether or not your experience matches the job description. We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. [Read our latest diversity report here].Expectations for Success
- Analyzes customer needs, issues and interests to formulate a strategy that will achieve business objectives
- Technical subject matter expert for Ookla’s Powered product offerings
- Act as the primary source of technical enablement for sales and support efforts
- Educates prospects on the business value of Ookla product offerings
- Provides live demonstrations for customers and sales teams
- Keeps current on industry changes, participates when possible in organizations directly involved with SME of products and services, and continually works to improve sales techniques and sales knowledge
The heading says “requirements” but we’re looking for the right person not the exact list. If your life experience prepares you for similar challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Experience in Solutions Architecture and/or Sales Engineering
- Familiarity with how to administer/manage embedded linux devices, specifically network appliances
- Awareness of Kernel tuning, optimizations and driver options a plus
- Basic web development skills (JS, HTML) and exposure to mobile development desired (Android, iOS)
- History of explaining complex technologies to business and executive personnel
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- BS degree in computer science, MIS, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
We offer top-of-market compensation, flexible schedules, transit passes, on- and off-site happy hours, team activities, lunch on Wednesdays and an office kitchen full of snacks. Our comprehensive benefits package includes 401(k) matching, unlimited paid vacation and sick time, ESPP options, health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We make sure you have the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Visit [our Built In Seattle page] for even more information.Location
While our preference is to have this person located in Seattle, we are open to having this position be remote. We provide excellent workplace flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. This role will be required to travel to see clients and occasional visits to our Seattle, USA headquarters.