In this Solutions Consultant / Sales Engineer role, you will actively participate in co-selling with the Skilljar sales team. You will discover, scope, and design technical solutions and deliver product demonstrations throughout Skilljar’s customer lifecycle. This person will work in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Product, to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their prospects.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.Responsibilities
- Assist in the identification of potential sales opportunities. Execute the discovery of our customer’s extended enterprise training business objectives, goals, and challenges. Get clarity around their vision and validate it with the customer.
- Lead the creation of responses to customer Request for Information or Proposal (RFIs and RFPs), including creating and formatting the content, ensuring the quality of the response, and ensuring timely delivery of the response.
- Deliver product presentations and configured demonstrations to prove Skilljar’s ability to deliver value as it relates to our customer’s Extended Enterprise training initiatives. Incorporate customer’s specific value drivers into demonstrations and presentations.
- Sometimes as part of the sales cycle, a trial will be requested; the Solutions team will provide dedicated support to the trial customers. Assist customers in navigating through the Skilljar product to ensure validation of their specific requirements. This includes hosting and managing a kickoff, check-in, and closure call and providing email support throughout.
- Be Skilljar’s Technical Subject Matter Expert. Be well-versed in and able to deliver an in-depth overview of Skilljar’s technical architecture and product capabilities as they relate to our customer’s existing technical landscape and requirements.
- Manage, to a successful conclusion, security validation requests that require collaboration with our Engineering, Finance, and Legal teams.
- Manage the scoping and definition for statements of work for customer-specific customizations. Work collaboratively with Engineering and Services and Support to ensure technical and functional accuracy when defining custom work. Set appropriate expectations with the customer in regard to timing and scope.
- Share your selling and technical experience with the rest of the Skilljar team, both formally and informally.
- Assist other Solution Consultants in the execution of the above responsibilities.
- Provide feedback to Product Management from our customer’s perspective as collected through the sales, renewal, and growth processes.
- At least 2+ years of professional experience as a Sales Engineer or Technical Sales/Solutions Consultant within enterprise SaaS buying environments.
- Excellent presentation skills including an ability to communicate at both a technical and a business level, developing trust and confidence with a wide variety of individuals within a customer organization.
- Experience scoping, managing, and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concepts.
- Ability to influence both technical and executive audiences.
- Superb written communication skills.
- Strong technical writing and project management skills.
- Adept at assessing competitive landscape and positioning effectively against them.
- Ability to “think on your feet” and comfortable architecting creative solutions while facilitating solution design discussions.
- Experience responding to RFIs, RFPs, and InfoSec inquiries.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment preferred.
- Strong drive to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.