At Assurance, our mission is to deliver the most comprehensive health and financial wellness tool to every consumer at no cost. We are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. We are rapidly growing as we expand our product offerings and global footprint, and this growth continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and calculate the complex into simple, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Position
As the Sr. Manager of Sales and Partnerships, you will own the strategy, sourcing, negotiating, executing, & launching new partnerships with a goal of generating net new business for Assurance. You’ll develop strategic relationships with leading lenders and be the external face for Assurance’s efforts to empower consumers on their journey to improve financial health. The desired profile is a high impact player with an impressive track record of securing successful partnership deals, and standing apart as one of the best deal-makers to work in the fintech industry. You’ll have a significant impact on company’s growth!
What you will do:
- Identify, negotiate and sign deals with new partners, from emerging fintechs to multi-billion dollar organizations to build out new revenue streams for Assurance.
- Drive business reviews with partners and ensure the delivery of sustainable high impact results to drive significant growth in the Personal Finance verticals.
- Coordinate among multiple internal teams to launch and manage these new partnerships; teams include marketing, engineering, legal and compliance.
- Conduct business and market evaluations periodically to identify and assess growth opportunities and to influence product development priorities.
- Anticipate potential business challenges within each partnership relationship and propose solutions and recommendations to move the business forward.
- Stay relevant with competitive and Fintech industry information, trends, forward vision perspective – build communication plan for the team to keep them informed on a regular basis.
- Provide a strategic business and partnership perspective to the product and engineering teams.
- Manage and grow a pipeline of potential strategic partnership targets.
- 5+ years of business experience, preferably in business development, partnerships or investment banking. Lending industry experience preferred.
- Reputation for being a star deal-maker: developing, negotiating and signing industry-leading deals with a wealth of creative partnership structures and a deep network.
- Thorough understanding of a variety of business models in fintech space. Deep curiosity about the fintech space with understanding of common business models and knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Strategic thinking, analytical aptitude, and creativity are necessary for this role. Use data, analytics and financial models to tell the story internally and externally.
- Operate with a high level of autonomy with a proven ability to juggle numerous activities and projects.
- Sincere, meticulous, adaptable, and dedicated team-player who gets energy from building new businesses.
- Extensive negotiation experience, including comfort with legal aspects of negotiations.
What Assurance Offers
At Assurance, we strive for audacious goals, and we’re relentless in our pursuit to be the very best we can be, personally and professionally. Our benefits program is intended to enable every Assurance employee to be the best version of themselves. Our culture clears the way for you to challenge yourself and achieve the impossible. Learn more about life at Assurance!
Trust and Autonomy
At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise. We find that brilliant people, given this freedom and trust, will collaborate to build far more amazing things than they could ever be directed to create.
Drive to Innovate
We don't settle for the status quo – we're a team of innovators who believe that there’s almost always a better way. We operate on first principles – we challenge commonly held assumptions to create new and better solutions from scratch. In our short history we’ve made a lot progress with this mentality, launching new business lines and innovative products constantly. Following our historic acquisition by Prudential, we have more support than ever to innovate and change the world of insurance and financial services.
We leave ego at the door and work together to uncover the truth. We prioritize what is best for the whole and avoid focusing on what is best for the individual. We all care about achieving goals more than looking good, and we're eager to constantly be learning from each other.
Flexible Working Environment
Your schedule and working hours are up to you at Assurance. We care more about results than when and where you get your work done, and we find that a flexible schedule can help alleviate the stress of a rigid work-life balance.
Unlimited Time Off
We work hard, so it’s important that we take time to refresh and reset when we need it. We empower our employees to take the time that make sense for them.
Nutritional Snacks and Weekly Lunches
We encourage a healthy lifestyle for employees in all ways that we can, and we don’t want it to be tough to find sustenance when you’re hard at work! We provide healthy, nutritional snacks throughout our office, and outstanding local coffee. We also host a weekly lunch, featuring top local restaurants, to accompany our all-company meeting.
We want to make sure it’s easy for you to get to and from work, so we a provide free public transportation or greatly subsidized parking close to our office.
From the beginning, our founders believed that beautiful, open, inspiring spaces lead to energy and creativity. We seek beautiful office spaces in all of our locations, and in 2020 we’ll be taking occupancy of a stunning new office on the top two floors of Madison Center in downtown Seattle – this space features floor to ceiling windows with stunning 360 degree views of the Puget Sound, and an exclusive private rooftop deck.
Competitive Health Benefits
Access to high quality healthcare is core to our business, and we care that our employees don’t have to worry about visiting a doctor. All employees receive competitive health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
Choice of High-End Equipment
We want to make sure you’re empowered to create amazing things. We give new employees the option of a variety of high-end computers and accessories.
We believe in the importance of investing in yourself in a variety of ways, including financially. We offer a strong 401k plan, with options to invest in traditional, Roth, and after-tax options, all backed by a best-in-class platform from Prudential.