Strategic Account Executive -- Bellevue, WA at Smartsheet
Smartsheet is looking for a Strategic Account Executive to play a leadership role in executing our Strategic Accounts sales strategy to rapidly expand a defined set of Global 2000 accounts. This position will be responsible for driving executive engagement, selling solutions and delivering substantial growth in software and services bookings, with both net new and expansion customers. A proven track record of exceeding quota with tenacity, great attitude, accountability, high energy, integrity, and discipline is crucial to success on the Strategic Accounts team. This high profile role will work to cover a number of named accounts on the West coast and will report to the Senior Director of Strategic Accounts -- West.
- Exceed quarterly and annual software and services sales quotas
- Execute a complex, solution-based sales process encompassing multiple groups within a Global 2000 account
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high-value needs across multiple functions and business lines
- Effectively articulate and demonstrate Smartsheet’s unique business, solution and functional value
- Build executive awareness, sales pipeline and bookings growth in immature accounts
- Define account strategies that enable sales velocity by partnering with Solutions Engineer, Customer Success Manager, and Strategic Sales Representative
- Proactively develop unsolicited proposals that align with customer initiatives and position Smartsheet as an enterprise software solution provider
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using critical metrics that predict sales success
- Use Smartsheet in the execution of daily sales activities
- Track all relevant sales activity using the company's CRM platform
- Demonstrated enterprise sales success; track record of exceeding quotas and receiving recognition, awards for high performance
- Experience selling enterprise software, preferably emerging SaaS solutions
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with Global 2000 senior line-of-business and IT executives, as well as operational managers
- Proven 'hunter' (new business) selling skills
- Proven ability to manage a large and diverse pipeline of sales opportunities
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience executing a complex, solution-based strategic sales process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company where change is a constant
- Understands the difference between activity and results; solid work ethic
- Able to function independently, as well as collaboratively with Smartsheet team members
- Smartsheet, Salesforce.com, Google apps, Tableau skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
How We’re Different:
Smartsheet's instantly familiar, easy-to-use interface means adoption rates are high and allows business users and their teams to solve real problems without IT help.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.