Strategy and Business Development Manager at Expedia Group
Egencia, the business travel division of Expedia, is at the center of revolutionizing business travel with our cutting-edge technology and products in the industry. We are one of the fastest growing brands within Expedia Group and in our 17-year history we have grown from a small start-up to become one of the largest corporate travel management companies in the world. Even though growth over the years, we have maintained an innovative, entrepreneurial and fun culture. We believe that the only way to guarantee our company's success and continue to lead innovation in the travel industry is to build great teams and provide an environment where people can do their best work.
Who You Are
You are keenly curious about what drives the business and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You also have:
- You have strong analytical skills - validated experience to structure and analyze ambiguous and complex business problems, combine and analyze relevant data from multiple data sources, and communicate actionable insights to partners
- You are an excellent communicator (PowerPoint, email), including ability to simplify complex concepts for wide audience including executive level
- You possess influencing and relationship building skills as appropriate to a diverse (and increasingly senior) range of audiences
- You are highly organized with keen attention to detail and quality
- You have solid problem-solving skills, self-motivation and the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines with limited guidance
- You hold a bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field
- You have 2-4 years’ experience working within a consulting firm or investment bank preferred
- You have 2-4 years of hands-on experience in data manipulation, financial modelling, reporting, insights, and transforming insights into recommendations
What You’ll Do
You will work within the Strategy & Business Development team and will play a key role in helping Egencia achieve our strategic objectives and deliver on our growth ambitions to double the business in the next 4 years. You will be part of the team who supports the Egencia Global Leadership team in delivering our strategic planning process, driving strategic initiatives, running consulting-style engagements to tackle our top strategic issues, and identifying, planning and integrating future acquisitions. As part of this, you will also collaborate strongly with senior management, regional business units (Europe, Americas, APAC), business functions (marketing, technology, finance), clients and business partners.
- You will provide strategic analyses (both qualitative and quantitative) that supports the annual planning process for Egencia worldwide and communicate the findings and recommendations to inform and influence senior management.
- Understanding and summarizing corporate travel industry trends, competitor performance and implications for Egencia’s strategy
- Benchmarking competitor offers and business models and assessing the implications for Egencia
- Developing a view of the size and growth trends of the global corporate travel market
- Developing Egencia’s perspective on the potential of untapped or underserved market segments
- Supporting general strategy planning topics (e.g. what’s our ambition and how fast can we grow)
- Lead analyses on select strategic initiatives to deliver incremental revenue and profit and in alignment with the strategic direction of the company
Examples could include:
- Support a variety of business and operational teams in designing a single global offer or process
- Conduct external market research to understand Egencia NPS versus competitors
- Understand the fully-loaded profitability by segment, and implications for strategy and sales teams
- Model the potential financial impact of product segmentation by customer segment to inform overall product segmentation strategy
- Assess team (e.g. sales) productivity by point of sale and customer segment to inform future investment and optimization strategy
- Understand the drivers of customer churn, develop predictive modelling for future churn and a roadmap for reducing churn over time
- Support the expansion of the business through acquisitions or partnerships, in partnership with EG Corporate Development. This includes:
- Systematically identifying the pipeline of potential acquisition targets in a given market
- Conducting due diligence on potential acquisition targets
- Supporting the development of the integration plan for a potential target
- Developing reports to track the progress of recent acquisitions versus integration plan and targets
- Assessing the value of potential partnerships beyond acquisition
Other activities may include:
- Supporting preparation of senior executive & Board-level materials
- Supporting the deployment of selected strategic initiatives across the organization, through rigorous project management
- Communicating our progress against strategic plan and priorities to the whole Egencia organization (e.g. scorecards, town halls, Egencia Blog)
- Preparing for Egencia leadership quarterly offsite sessions, including discussion materials on select topics
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you want to solve big challenges, transform an industry, and grow your skills as a strategist and leader, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-LW1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.