Strategy & Business Development Director at Expedia Group
ExpediaWho we are
Expedia Group Media Solutions (MeSo) offers industry expertise and digital marketing solutions that allow brands to reach, engage, and influence our qualified audience of travelers around the world. Through the Expedia Group's network of leading travel brands and global points of sale, we pair deep insights about traveler behaviors during every stage of the purchase journey with dynamic advertising solutions in order to deliver unique campaigns and measurable results for our partners.Position overview
The Media Solutions (MeSo) team is looking for an experienced strategist to define and execute the strategy, roadmap, and development of the Expedia Group’s global media solutions portfolio. This role requires a growth mindset and commercial ingenuity coupled with exceptional project leadership skills. You will develop an unparalleled understanding of the digital advertising business including technology, supply-demand mechanisms, and operations, and there will be a unique opportunity for you to play a crucial role in the continued evolution of both MeSo and the Expedia Group as a whole.
To be successful in this position, you will have experience with a top-tier management consulting firm or in an internal strategy role at a technology company of similar size and complexity. If you are a curious and intuitive self-starter who thrives working directly with senior leaders, you will be well-positioned to contribute to the growth of MeSo’s dynamic and rapidly evolving business.Responsibilities
- Identify macro-economic, market, and industry dynamics, ensuring that the MeSo leadership team is kept fully up to speed with trends, competitive developments, and potential risks and opportunities
- Frame prioritized organic and inorganic growth opportunities into specific strategic initiatives
- Lead the delivery of key strategic initiatives to improve operational performance, customer loyalty, and competitive positioning, working with relevant leaders to set tangible financial and operational targets
- Collaborate with Product, Analytics, and Technology teams to drive aligned decision-making on investments and trade-offs
- Plan and manage long-range planning sessions, operational reviews, leadership meetings, and other rhythm-of-the-business events
- Champion selected external business development opportunities
- Build fundamental insights into the behavior of our customers and champion our evolution into a customer centric business
- Inspire change in MeSo by identifying and implementing the best ways of working across the organization
- Network across the Expedia Group strategy community and help peers win by offering perspective and meaningfully questioning the status quo
- You have 8+ years of experience in management consulting or a similar role in a leading technology company, with an MBA strongly preferred
- You have exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to lead, run, and mobilize multiple partners in a fast-paced environment
- You are self-motivated, self-aware, and able to drive reciprocal success while working autonomously
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to present complex concepts to both executive leadership and operational teams
- You are ambitious and have an appetite for driving projects to completion
- You are humble and lead by developing open, candid relationships
- Experience in international markets and in the media, e-commerce, or travel sectors is preferred, but not required
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to build a career within the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.