We are a SaaS organization serving the needs of the behavioral healthcare industry. Through disruptive technology solutions, we are reinventing the possibilities of how electronic healthcare record (EHR) systems serve the behavioral health community and its patients.
Founded in 2005, Valant has become the technology leader in behavioral health. We serve both private practices and publicly-funded health and human service organizations across fifty states. Ours is the leading EHR system in the US for solo and group behavioral healthcare practices. The software we create enhances the lives of thousands of care providers and millions of patients.
The Valant mission is to use great technology to exponentially scale the quality of health care and to make high quality health care available for everyone. We are a post-revenue, market leading Seattle company looking to add more enthusiastic, passionate individuals to be a part of the next industry transformation.
As the SVP of Sales, you will be responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the Valant sales organization. You will develop the strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. This includes planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, and sales program implementation. You will be part of and work closely with other members of the Senior Leadership team and foster close working relationships with other internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient operation and success.
What You'll Do
- Direct and lead the company sales functions.
- Develop and implement sales strategy to exceed revenue targets including the go-to market plan, management of inbound sales leads, and development of an outbound prospecting framework.
- Provide leadership and support using a proven sales methodology. Create opportunities for continuous learning and professional development of sales team members.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Develop and manage the sales budget and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Build and manage a high-performance team as a player/coach - hiring and retaining the right talent in the right roles, fostering an atmosphere of collaboration, teamwork and capable of carrying out needed sales initiatives.
- Lead by example in helping sales team research and identify new prospect opportunities and offer support and coaching as prospects move through the sales pipeline.
- Partner with the marketing team on all revenue and lead generation programs. Collaborate in the creation of sales enablement and product marketing materials.
- Own data management and reporting of department KPI’s. Routinely forecast sales numbers with accuracy to ensure all KPI’s are meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Provide clear performance expectations and create a culture that is pro-active and transparent.
- Manage customer relationships and expectations that contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Occasional travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Serve as a member of the Valant Senior Leadership team to collaborate on business goals and company growth.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of SaaS and cloud selling experience in a high growth organization, with a track record of consistently exceeding quota
- 5+ years of management experience, successfully building and mentoring teams that exceed goals
- Experience and success in managing all levels of the sales organization.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent negotiator with a focus on win/win outcomes
- Proven track record of building a go-to-market strategy, and closing new business
- Technology sales experience is a must
- Ability to travel 25% - 50% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or technology-related field
- Healthcare industry experience is highly preferred
- Desire to use data and technology to advance the sales goals of the company
- Experience with CRM and associated sales software applications, i.e. Salesforce, Zuora, Echosign, Salesloft, etc.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums
- Employer contributions to HSA plan
- Generous Paid Time off policy
- Bonus plans
- 401k and company stock options
- Tax saving FSA plans
- Company-paid ORCA pass
- Casual work environment in a convenient downtown Seattle location
- The chance to drive an important industry forward through next-generation technology