Ready to challenge yourself to dive deep and think big? Ookla, the company behind Speedtest and Downdetector, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned clever ideas into unique products and a thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps, embedded in routers and deployed in thousands of servers. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our monetization strategy. It also gives us the ability to help make the internet better, faster and more accessible for everyone. If you crave the chance to do your best work in a flexible work environment where we value individuality and fun as much as we value talent, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an innovative, hands-on, customer-focused Account Manager to work directly with our highest valued customers in the Americas region, providing support as they use our products and services. As an Account Manager, you will partner with sales and other internal teams to ensure all customer needs are met. You will need to be exceptionally flexible and have a demonstrated ability to solve a wide range of complex technical and business challenges.
The ideal candidate will be located in the US and possess an uncanny ability to multi-task and independently prioritize their time to maximize business and customer benefit. They will be able to interact effectively across a wide range of functional roles and problem spaces, and will possess tremendous attention to detail. They will be able to work in an extremely fast paced, highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non technical groups across multiple geographies, and be able to develop strong customer relationships.If you consider yourself to be a strong technologist that is motivated by opportunities to solve unique and challenging problems, if you have a strong desire to directly enable customer success, and if you want to work for a rapidly growing company that needs leaders instead of followers, this might be the place for you.
In the Account Manager role, your broad responsibilities will include:
The heading says “requirements” but we’re looking for the right person not the exact list. If your life experience prepares you for similar challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- 5 - 10 years of enterprise-level, technology-related support or account management experience
- Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
- Experience supporting nascent products/services into new markets is strongly desired
- Multilingual required
- Adept at establishing and developing relationships across customer organizations
- Strong technical problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience with data analytics, including applications like Tableau and advanced Excel functions. SQL skills are a plus
- Experience visualizing big data to demonstrate value and quality to customers
- Familiarity with internet, cellular and broadband technology and infrastructure
- At least some experience with RAN/RF
- Self-motivated with a track record of appropriate urgency and follow-through
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with both clients and internal audiences, able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge and expertise with Ookla’s product offerings, including our licensing, data, and awards, or experience with similar technology-based product offerings
- Ability to travel regularly to meet and connect with existing clients, and to attend Ookla corporate and team functions
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture
- Global business experience a plus, with special focus on supporting the needs of an international customer base
- Technical Program or Project Management experience a plus
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent, Master’s degree or international business education a plus
People come first at Ookla. We offer top-of-market compensation, flexible schedules, transit passes, on- and off-site happy hours, team activities, lunch on Wednesdays and an office kitchen full of snacks. Our comprehensive benefits package includes 401(k) matching, unlimited paid vacation and sick time, ESPP options, health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We make sure you have the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Visit [our Built In Seattle page](https://www.builtinseattle.com/company/ookla) for even more information.
While our preference is to have this person located in our wonderful Seattle, WA office, Where we are headquartered, we are also open to having this position be remote elsewhere in the US. We provide excellent workplace flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. This role may be required to travel to see clients and occasional visits to our Seattle, USA headquarters will be expected.