Technical Account Manager
Datalight, Inc., a 35-year veteran of the embedded industry headquartered near Seattle, WA, is searching for an accomplished and driven Account Manager to cultivate new business in automotive, IoT, and medical device companies and expand revenue opportunities within established accounts.
Market leading OEMs building world class products in the automotive, medical, industrial automation and Industrial Internet of Things segments have used our software to store mission critical data in over 400 million systems. Our FlashFX family of flash drivers enables flash memory – the de-facto standard non-volatile storage media – and gives competitive advantage to 7 of the top 10 makers of ruggedized handheld computers, as well as numerous automakers and space-based systems. Our Reliance family of transactional file systems lets customers as diverse as satellite control system and car manufacturers achieve the optimal balance of speed and reliability.
Come join a privately-held company that rewards creativity, passion and results. Our track record of successful deployments underscores the quality of the products we create, the people we employ and the culture we have built.
This position is based at our headquarters and reports to the VP of Sales & Marketing.
As part of a tightly knit sales team, the Account Manager will grow Datalight’s business by identifying and winning business in new accounts as well as increasing the breadth and depth of relationships within existing assigned accounts.
- Meet or exceed revenue, account penetration and pipeline growth targets
- Develop and execute account plan
- Effectively manage existing and new accounts to maintain and grow customer relationships
- Engage in business development activities to cultivate referral partners
- Accurately forecast Opportunity progress, deal size and timing via Salesforce.com
- Counsel customers on appropriate Datalight solution for their technical and business challenges
- Generate price and service quotes that result in win-win licensing deals
- Represent the values of Datalight in all engagements with customers, prospects and ecosystem partners
- Consistently and completely document customer interactions using Salesforce.com
- Demonstrate sense of urgency appropriate to business impact of engagement
- Effectively manage partner relationships to drive revenue
- Follow contract and purchase orders to completion and ensure customer and company systems are ready for invoicing and reporting needs
- Travel to meet with customers, potential customers and partners approximately 25% of the time.
- BA/BS in CS, EE or a related discipline or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years technical sales experience; 5 years account management experience in the embedded software market and/or technical consulting sales
- Preference given to candidates who have experience working with customers using Linux, Wind River VxWorks, FreeRTOS, Green Hills Software INTEGRITY, and certified software requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of other languages a big plus.
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical experience
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding revenue targets and account development objectives
- Excellent win-win negotiation skills and experience with IP licensing
- Experience with global sales territories and working across many time zones
- Customer service orientation with strong business acumen
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and excellent presentation skills