We are very happy to announce that we have officially re-opened our Ballard HQ office for voluntary use at 50% capacity! It's excellent to be seeing people in person and have the buzz going again. In order to maintain safety, comfort and flexibility, we currently offer most employees the choice between 3 work locations: HQ-first, Hybrid or Remote; if there are specific location needs, the job description will indicate that below. It is also important to note that we are only able to hire employees who are eligible to work and are based in the US.
We look forward to having you apply to join our team of Knockstars!
Knock is looking for a multidimensional and strategic executive leader for our Customer Success organization. This is a highly visible role which will have incredible impact for our customers and across the entire organization. We expect someone will step into the role with limited oversight because you have already been in a VP Customer Success role at a high growth, scaling business and have “seen the movie before.”
Every day our customers deserve an outstanding experience and our dedication to their success. Their wins are our wins. We know that in order to drive success we need to build an exceptional Customer Success Organization that preserves and expands the company’s book of business, opens the door to new opportunities, and creates advocates for our customers. At Knock our Customer Success organization consists of several teams that participate in the entire customer journey post-sale: Implementation, Launch & Expansion, Education & Training, Renewal, and Support.
Key Goals & Responsibilities
- This is the cultural heart of the company and people are inspired to follow your lead.
- Retain all customers: Make sure the customer’s expectations are met from implementation all the way through on-boarding and ongoing account management.
- C-suite relationship building: Get customer champions through executive engagement.
- Build and deliver a strategy: Provide a high level of scope and scale through resource planning, process development, and documentation.
- Be a leader: Empower your people and provide a path for growth opportunities.
- Support our key objectives
30 / 60 / 90 Day Expectations
- 30 days - Observe and learn about the team, customers, Knock language, product, leadership; take an inventory of where Customer Success at Knock is today and deliver findings; deliver your own ramp plan for the next 60+ days.
- 60 days - Full team assessment is complete; you are making recommendations and implementing changes.
- 90 days - You are doing the job, leading weekly team calls, handling issues, and have become the customer escalation point of contact.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Experience as a VP Customer Success (or similar) at a high growth, scaling businessExperience as a VP Customer Success (or similar) at a high growth, scaling business
- Ability to build and maintain a budget
- Experience running a P&L
- Enterprise B2B SaaS experience… you know what metrics matter to measure
- You have hired, trained, and retained a growing team
- Consistent track record of predictable and repeatable processes and results
- Data driven decision making to enable your team to do their job effectively
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Key Attributes: Inquisitive, Likable, Passionate & Curious
- Multifamily or PropTech industry
- Based in the Seattle area
- Vertical B2B SaaS
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the efficiency and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer happiness at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm passionate about the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the incredible #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar demeanor with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in outstanding talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been especially fortunate to build an outstanding team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work. Most recently these awards have included:
Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work (2021, 2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Midsize Places to Work (2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Places to Work (2020, 2021)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® (2021, 2022)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women (2021, 2022)
Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2021)
NAA Best Places to Work - Suppliers (2020)
Knock is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!
Please know that due to the nature of our business and housing potentially sensitive data, a background check is required to join Knock. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
Knock uses the E-Verify employment verification program.