Vice President, Technology - Enterprise Solutions
EPS Technology is seeking a Vice President, Technology to lead our global Engineering Organization for the Enterprise Solutions team based in Bellevue, WA. As VP of Technology in this role you’ll work closely with commercial teams, marketing, product solutions teams, customer operations, and more. This leader will be primarily responsible for the development of our Expedia Template solutions across our large B2B partnerships. As a B2B leader you will be responsible for understanding the market, defining partner problem statement and solutions, and translating the technology strategy directly to our partners and commercial teams.
The ideal candidate will have proven leadership capabilities for technology teams, a deep technical background, a passion for solving complex and strategically important business problems in an agile environment and build trusted and influential working partnerships across multiple Expedia Group teams.
What you’ll do:
- Be an inspiring and approachable leader of diverse and large global teams who can create a compelling vision and culture
- Successfully attract, retain and develop top talent both internally and externally; creating an environment where people can realize their full potential
- Serve in a technology leadership capacity to the EPS Leadership team; participate in technology leadership councils
- Stay close to market conditions and competitors, constantly seeking ways to drive market differentiation
- Develop trusted cross Expedia Group operating team to ensure goals and needs of B2B platform are delivered
- Work with other teams within Expedia Group to deliver cross-group projects
- Interact with EPS LT members, peers and direct reports within function and business unit(s) to provide technology recommendations and input to strategic and operational initiatives
- Cultivate a deep partnership with product management and business partners and collaborate on a plan to improve EPS’s products and services
- Develop deep understanding of Expedia platform and its underlying connections.
- Lead technology innovation and drive new thinking around how technology can continue to simplify, synchronize and globalize
- Direct and control the activities of the engineering teams
- Develop organizational design and global blueprint that will increase overall efficacy of our engineering
- Set organizational priorities, resource trade-offs, and operating models to meet annual technical OKRs.
- Ensure that the core technology and professional services organizations are operating at maximum efficiency with appropriate levels of maintenance whilst constantly fostering the ability to innovate and grow
- Lead platform architecture evolution and drive interconnections of back-office tools with the development teams.
- Manage multiple concurrent, complex, and/or unique projects and initiatives across EPS
- Set technology standards and direct the execution of initiatives from inception through execution
- Focus on accelerate our partner development timelines and market impact while maximizing quality of end product
- Ensure systems have high availability and performance
- Lead the team in developing capacity models to forecast the delivery schedule for team project portfolio, model different scenarios and future project resource needs
- Define key metrics and analytics for measuring the performance of the development teams
- Provide planning support for 2 – 3 year view on technology and/or operational strategies for business unit(s) supported
Who you are:
- Multiple years’ technology management experience in an eCommerce (heavily preferred) and/or software development environment using Agile methodologies
- Deep technical expertise in online transactional technologies with an emphasis on Java, Cloud, and related technical ecosystem
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills in attracting, retaining and developing tech talent and proven ability to successfully lead growing (agile) tech team
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills in a complex matrix organization
- Demonstrable track record of delivering at an aggressive pace and achieving notable business results. Evidence of this will include product success/recognition in the marketplace
- Confident in navigating complex matrixes consisting of; cross-functional dependencies, internal & external stakeholders, and customers/partners
- Strong orator and leader of disparate and dispersed teams
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on global trends that effect industry and organization
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.