Associate Director, Brand Management - Private Brands
Chewy is hiring an Associate Director of Brand Management – Private Brands to join our Private Brands team in Plantation, Florida or Minneapolis, Minnesota or Bellevue, Washington or Boston, Massachusetts. This person is responsible for developing a portfolio of products and private brands, operating the business, and setting the strategy for long-term growth and profitability. We are looking for a passionate leader that is obsessed with product innovation. The individual will lead cross-functional teams to deliver results in a fast-paced environment. Clear and effective executive communication and strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential.
What you’ll do:
- Build a long-range assortment plan with clear assessment of expected customer and business impact with appropriate sizing of revenue, cost, operational complexity, and customer value proposition.
- Build a long-term brand & go-to-market strategy for a portfolio of products; develop and manage brand architecture, including promise, positioning, reasons to believe, naming, visual identity, and voice to the customer.
- Develop assortment strategy including the categorical positioning, pricing methodology, product attribute requirements, promotional tenets, distribution strategy, and awareness drivers.
- Own and manage the operating P&L with appropriate top and bottom-line goal setting for one to five years; set appropriate input goals across assortment, price, availability, traffic, and customer engagement.
- Own new-to-brand customer acquisition goals. Partner with Category Management, Site Experience, IMC, and other internal teams to deliver against acquisition goals.
- Partner with consumer insights team and category management teams to uncover consumer insights for development of new products, portfolio expansion or changes to existing brands and products in the portfolio.
- Lead creative and integrated planning teams through planning and execution of brand campaigns and initiatives. Lead the development of key campaign brand documents, creative briefs, and continue to adapt and execute according to business and customer needs.
- Continuously assess existing assortment performance, identify opportunities to scale revenue and profit generation at an accelerated pace, own and drive decisions for assortment modifications, removals, and additions
- Develop and own budget for marketing testing and learning activities. Partner with Integrated planning teams to develop plans to scale and optimize broader spending for proprietary brands across marketing channels. optimize spending to maximize return on investment; understand and make tradeoffs as required across company.
- Demonstrate consistent curiosity and high standards to continuously evaluate new opportunities and improvements across our portfolio.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 8+ years managing brands or products at a top Consumer Product Goods manufacturer or a top Retailer
- Success (and failure) experiences across new product development and heavy detail involvement in the product development lifecycle across ideation, vetting, development, launch and operational improvements.
- Extensive experience with critical thinking, problem solving, root causing against complex multi-functional issues; ability to create strategic frameworks balancing data-driven and qualitative factors for decision making.
- Experience building brands or scaling existing brands across multiple touch points.
- Experience building and evaluating new business cases and a track record of operationalizing innovation and ideas into large scale revenue and profit generation.
- Comfortable working across functions and diving into R&D, Sourcing, Design, Marketing, Supply Chain, Pricing, and other related functional areas for managing a product portfolio.
- Extensive experience leading consumer insights teams and demonstrated success applying consumer insights into brand development, consumer touchpoints, and brand campaigns. Experienced in interpreting consumer feedback and knowledgeable about varied consumer research methodologies.
- Experience working in a multi-agency environment. Demonstrated success leading creative / agency teams to translate insights into brands. Demonstrated strong judgement guiding agency teams to deliver creative that meets consumer insights.
- Hands-on data expert with experience pulling, manipulating, and self-serving data analysis.
- Experience building and managing high performing teams and cross-functional leadership.
- Polished executive level communication, written and verbal presentation skills; experience with extensive document and whitepaper writing and leading executive level meetings.
- Adept technical skills across Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint; SQL (or other data management languages) or Python (and other scripting languages) a plus
- BA / BS in relevant field MBA required.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our salary range for an AD, Brand Management position is $149,000 - $245,000. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to the candidate’s relevant experience, education, and work location. In addition, this position is eligible for 401k and a new hire and annual equity grant.
We offer different types of insurance, such as medical/Rx, vision, dental, life, disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, and accident. We offer parental leave, family services benefits, backup dependent care, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, pet adoption reimbursement, employee assistance program, and many discounts including 10% off pet insurance and 20% off at Chewy.com.
Non-exempt hourly team members accrue paid time off (PTO) while salaried-exempt team members have unlimited PTO, subject to manager approval. Non-exempt hourly team members in Fulfillment Centers and Customer Service are also eligible for additional unplanned unpaid time off (UTO). Team members will receive six paid holidays per year. Team members may be eligible for paid sick and family leave in compliance with applicable state and local regulations.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].