Content Marketing Manager at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About the team:
Companies like The Home Depot, Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, LG, Niagara Water, and Blue Dog Bakery all have one thing in common. They need to ship products between their warehouses and to their customers. Our digital freight network finds truck drivers across the country to haul their shipments. But how do these shippers find out about Convoy in the first place? That’s where the shipper marketing team comes in.
We’re a small team responsible for three big things:
1. We drive awareness of Convoy with manufacturers and retailers that need to ship their products. This work includes our PR and analyst relations strategies, digital and offline advertising, brand partnerships, trade shows, webinars, outbound campaigns, and inbound content marketing.
2. We drive shipper acquisition at the top of the funnel. Specifically, we bring in new sales opportunities through a combination of inbound marketing and outbound prospecting, working in partnership with our sales development team and account executives.
3. We drive shipper engagement and retention across our products and programs. Once companies start shipping with Convoy, we work with the product team and account management to educate shippers about Convoy’s other freight services and product capabilities.
We partner with teams across Convoy, and work most closely with the sales, product, data science, and engineering teams.
You are a storyteller. You excel at writing, editing, and creating many forms of content marketing. In this role, your mission will be to produce new content that drives awareness and demand generation for Convoy. Most of your focus will be on written content. This includes planning, writing, and editing blogs, web pages, white papers, talk tracks, and messaging. You’ll also create slide decks, produce videos, and perform light design and layout work.
You’re also naturally curious and enjoy learning about new technologies and industries. At Convoy, you’ll be working in an incredibly interesting space where you have the chance to learn about cutting-edge machine learning technology and two-sided marketplaces. You’ll also learn all about the freight industry and supply chains, which are as fascinating as they are critical to the US economy and the fight against climate change.
Finally, you’re smart, down-to-earth, and have a great attitude. Your work ethic may have been described in the past as borderline-obsessive, but you also know how to detach from the day-to-day madness of the job and have fun with the team.
- Write blog posts and web page copy. Our website is a critical part of how we drive awareness among shippers and generate new sales opportunities. To do this effectively, we need a lot of well-written, search-engine-optimized content in the form of blogs, SEO pillar pages, and core web pages.
- Write white papers, ebooks, and bylines. Long-form content helps to educate shippers about Convoy’s value proposition and bring in top-of-funnel sales prospects. So you’ll crank out white papers and contribute to byline articles.
- Edit written content. You’ll work with other members of the marketing team and contractors, serving as chief editor for all of our shipper-facing written content, including the short- and long-form content discussed above, as well as email campaigns, one-sheets, brochures, and more.
- Build slide decks for sales presentations and webinars.
- Record and produce videos that educate shippers about our digital freight network.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Technical chops. To successfully write about our technology, you need to understand it at a fairly deep level. So if you’ve written technical content in the past, have a background in technology, or just consider yourself a bit of a geek, that’s a great start.
- Great written and verbal communication. We’re looking for someone who can write concise, fluff-free copy. You’ll target a range of audiences, including supply chain executives, procurement directors, and transportation managers.
- A PhD in GSD (Gettin’ Stuff Done). We’re looking for an execution machine—someone who can get a lot of stuff done on their own, who can thrive amid ambiguity, and who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to churn out great content marketing.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!