About the Role:
We are looking for a talented individual to work on the team that keeps content flowing at RealSelf. As a Content Moderator, you will be responsible for ensuring that user-generated content (including meaningful reviews of Doctors and medical treatments, questions, and new discussion topics) is moderated and published in real time, allowing RealSelf community members to make smarter, informed decisions about cosmetic treatments. You’ll deliver stellar customer service by assisting consumers in using the site, while preserving the trustworthiness and quality of the RealSelf experience.
What You’ll be doing:
- Moderate and action a variety of user-submitted content for adherence to RealSelf guidelines, while maintaining quality and speed
- Maintain empathy for the customer experience, providing guidance to ensure customer questions are answered most effectively by medical professionals
- Increasing onsite engagement by commenting on and identifying good customer content
- Adhere to a 24-hour service level agreement to maintain a consistent flow of user content to the site
- Categorize and tag content so users can find posts specific to their needs and doctors can answer questions within their area of expertise.
- Flag and escalate inappropriate content to ensure the community remains a valued resource for consumers and doctors; contact users to clarify or revise questionable content.
- Work and communicate with a dynamic team across time zones via tools such as Slack and Zoom to ensure content is being moderated around the clock and in a consistent manner
Are you a confident self-starter who is inspired by challenges and has an eye for identifying inefficiencies and process improvements? Do you want to be part of making sure consumers get the information they need to make meaningful connections with Doctors? If you’re the type of person who puts on your headphones and pushes yourself further every day, then this is the role for you!
You may be the right fit if you are:
- Energetic and productive; you possess fantastic time management skills and a drive to “get things done”
- Attentive to detail and ability to focus on a repetitive task for several hours
- Excellent typing, data entry, and communication skills, with a background in writing and/or creating and editing content
- Superior learner; you have the ability to retain information, quality, and pivot quickly when processes change
- Comfortable with and discrete about sensitive content on the site (e.g. nudity, medical conditions)
- A passion for helping people and an interest in medical and/or beauty treatments
- Comfortable with technology, including Mac operating systems and web technologies (such as Google apps and search engines)
- Able to work a Sunday - Thursday schedule
Travel is not anticipated for this role.
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.