In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
PitchBook is searching for a talented and driven writer who is energized by tackling a diverse range of copy assignments within our growing internal Creative Agency. Your writing will engage various customer segments across numerous channels, including web, email, social media, print and more. Working closely with other members of our in-house creative team, you will need to cover multiple writing assignments at once and collaborate with stakeholders from across the organization to support brand-building, lead generation, sales conversion and customer renewal efforts. The successful candidate will have a strategic mindset, a nose for copywriting best practices and the ability to focus on details, execution and on-time delivery. An understanding of the private capital markets is not a prerequisite, but enthusiasm to learn about our industry is essential.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Employ available industry research and a passion for continuous learning to build a deep understanding of the PitchBook product suite and how it benefits various customer segments
- Write compelling B2B marketing copy focused on articulating industry insights, addressing customer challenges and opportunities, and surfacing the related features and benefits of PitchBook solutions
- Develop and hone writing best practices for email, social media, web and other channels
- Create long-form copy in support of content marketing and lead generation programs
- Act as a brand steward to ensure our messaging matches our brand voice and tone and works cohesively with other assets across channels
- Interface directly with cross-functional teams, including Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Sales, Editorial and Customer Success
- Deliver the highest levels of quality and accuracy in all writing assignments
- Deliver projects in a timely fashion with a focus on priorities and what matters most
- Work and communicate effectively across the organization
- Collaborate with campaign managers on content strategy to optimize campaigns and results
- 3-5 years of experience writing marketing copy (B2B marketing experience is desirable but not necessary)
- Possesses strong marketing copy skills, including an understanding of strategy and channel best practices
- Possesses exceptional communication skills to articulate creative point of view, including intent and thought process behind copy choices
- Ability to positively engage in the creative feedback process and efficiently turn feedback into higher-quality drafts
- Experience and comfort level with balancing multiple, distinct creative projects at once and navigating shifting priorities, timelines, directives and project scopes
- Command of AP Style, grammar and punctuation for professional communications
- An eye for detail and desire for consistency
- Demonstrated experience to work effectively with other creatives and cross-functional teams
- Ability to maintain composure under the pressure of working with many stakeholders and opinions
- An appreciation for private equity, venture capital and M&A as well as the passion to learn
- BA/BS degree
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.