You: Apptio is looking for a strong, passionate leader who will oversee all marketing content development. You will work with campaigns leaders to define the content strategy and oversee team of writers to develop compelling, search-friendly content that attracts prospective Apptio customers to our web properties. This role is also responsible for supporting Apptio’s internal and executive communications programs.
The ideal candidate is an experienced storyteller who understands how compelling content can drive forward a B2B marketing engine.
Us: We are an enthusiastic and dedicated marketing team focused on creating valuable, high-performing content that’s relevant and engaging for technology and finance executives. Our team is thoughtful, self-driven, efficient, and strategic. The position is based in Bellevue and reports into the Sr. Director of Corporate Communications.
What we want you to do:
- Work cross-functionally with campaigns, web, product marketing, and design teams to plan, prioritize and execute Apptio’s marketing content agenda.
- Own and oversee the execution of Apptio’s editorial calendar.
- Work with the head of Corporate Communications to support executive and internal communications for Apptio’s executive team. This includes development of content for company-wide communications (in-person and email), content for presentations, events and social media.
- Manage a team of copywriters who will write and edit search-optimized content and demand assets for Apptio.com and other web properties.
- Own the content planning and execution for Apptio’s Emerge thought leadership platform.
- Serve as the owner of the Apptio story, voice, and tone to direct employees companywide to create content that is on brand and on message
- Implement the Apptio SEO Strategy throughout all content creation to create high-performing content using analytics.
- Engage customers, industry leaders and partners directly and work closely with them to create engaging thought leadership content tailored to our buyers.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- 3-5+ years of journalism, corporate communications or content marketing experience.
- Experience managing a team and working cross-functionally to meet goals.
Exceptional writing and editing skills, with demonstrated success creating compelling content that is tailored to goals and audience.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Strong skills with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce experience a plus.
- A passion and strong understanding for enterprise, B2B technology.
- The ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our brand.
- Comfortable with intense, passionate working environments and tight deadlines.
- Independent, self-directed work style with a bias for informed action.
- A team player with a great work ethic and strong and charismatic interpersonal skills.
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.