Senior Audio Video Engineer
- Provide ad-hoc troubleshooting and assistance to customers of all technology competency levels.
- Management/troubleshooting of AV equipment, including but not limited to audio, video, lighting, computer networking systems and hardware both in-house and client systems.
- Evaluation and trouble-shooting personal computer hardware and software, peripheral device, mobile devices and network component problems.
- Preprogram coordination with client ensuring that all of their technological needs are met and in place for their arrival.
- Provide consultative approach to technology sales for client programs.
- Ensure that booking guidelines are followed, and that all leaders are maximizing space and revenue through audits and the weekly program execution order meetings.
- Provide genuine anticipatory customer service by establishing good working relationships with Convene team members, divisions and vendors.
- Attend PEO, Pre-Con, and pre-production meetings as needed.
- Direct day-to-day floor operations of Technology Specialists, including set and strike, scheduling, etc.
- Create weekly schedule for Technology Specialists and coordinate with other locations to share resources
- Delegate tasks
- Make personal contact and maintain positive relationships with clients and assist with any reasonable requests during programs
- Interact with Relationship Sales Managers to ensure a thorough understanding of the client experience with Convene prior to the start of their meeting/event
- Prepare and follow-up on all sales quotes using revenue maximization techniques in accordance with Convene standard operating procedures
- Assist in any areas of daily operation
Responsible for Training & Development:
- Cross-train in other conference center related areas
- Assist with developing healthy employee relations climate, including employee motivation and coaching
- Participate in collaborative project efforts with both the technology team and other departments
- Participate in employee appraisals
- Mentor Technology Specialists to provide a consistent level of customer service
- Interview and hire prospective candidates for all positions in the department using targeted selection
- Stay current on industry trends in special events/meetings through benchmarking, trade publications, competitive shopping, and special event conferences
- Review all departmental SOPs on a quarterly basis and update as needed
The Technology Manager will be Responsible for weekly financial reporting of client programs, tracking labor hours/dollar amounts, and other departmental expenses:
- Review P&L/General Ledger reports for department/location ensuring accuracy
- Approval and submission of vendor invoices to Accounts Payable in a timely fashion
- Participate in annual budgeting process for team member's location
- Completion of weekly/monthly status reports
- Maintain and up hold Convenes cultural standards
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Show initiative and drive to solve problems
- Portray a polished, professional image according to Convene dress code standards
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.