Senior Content Writer
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced and versatile Senior Content Writer to join our Content team in building high-value, engaging content in multiple formats that is distributed through a wide range of communications channels. This content is meant to educate enterprise audiences, press, analysts, and other influencers, acquire new leads, nurture prospects, and win new business.
This full-time position reports to our Director of Content Strategy and is based in Smartsheet’s offices in Bellevue, WA. Please submit a cover letter and writing samples with your application.
The Senior Content Writer is a B2B storytelling expert who creates content for audiences in every stage of the buying journey, from thought-leadership and customer evidence to blog posts, how-to articles, infographics, social media posts, and more. The successful candidate will have the attributes of a journalist, always searching for the best story, uncovering all the facts, and ultimately building compelling content that engages our audience and drives our business forward. Our writers must also be stellar editors, understand SEO best practices, and love digging into trends, researching our market, and writing about our product and our company with a distinct, cogent point of view.
We are obsessed with measurable results, seeking feedback in performance data to understand what content is working, when, and where. Our writers also know how to act as a content project manager, working with business stakeholders and designers to move projects from idea to execution.
- 5 to 7 years of experience creating content in a marketing environment for the B2B audience;
- Experience writing compelling content for channels including web pages, blog posts, social copy, infographics, email campaigns, and presentations;
- Experience working with executive and technical stakeholders to create content;
- Strong editing and proofing skills;
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field (Journalism, Marketing, or Communications).
All Smartsheet employees must be self-starters who can, with minimal guidance, drive projects from concept through completion:
- Focus to make quick strikes, iterate, and produce in high volume
- Smarts to pick up new concepts at light speed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Flexibility and positivity to contribute to other projects as required
- Demonstrated ability to have fun
Organizations need a way to get work done, not just talk about it. Smartsheet is the best way to plan, track, automate, and report on work, enabling workers to move from idea to impact — fast. Our cloud-based enterprise work management platform empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation for over 70,000 brands in 190 countries, including more than 70% of the Fortune 500.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.