Senior Manager, Marketing Copywriting at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The Senior Copywriting Manager at PitchBook is responsible for leading the Marketing copy team, an integral part of the company's internal creative agency, while producing outstanding written content as an active content contributor. In this role, you'll combine exceptional writing and leadership skills to motivate, mentor and elevate the work of a high-performing team. In addition to day-to-day management, you'll be expected to spend 40-50% of your week on writing assignments. Alongside leaders in graphic design and multimedia, and in close collaboration with other groups across marketing, you'll help develop and hone audience-focused creative strategies that support incremental growth in brand-building, lead-generation, sales conversion and customer renewal programs.
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company's growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to increase brand awareness and help our Sales and Customer Success departments grow and retain our client base. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies, and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead, coach and develop a team of talented content writers, as well as a copy editor, drawing on knowledge and best practice gained from previous team management experience
- Nurture cross-functional partnerships; leverage content expertise and leadership influence to push for continuous improvement in creative brief development and execution
- In close collaboration with senior creative leadership, work with the team to develop, pitch, and deliver breakthrough content ideas and activations
- Work directly with cross-functional team leads, including brand, product marketing, demand generation, sales, editorial, and customer success on content strategy to build campaigns, conduct keyword research, A/B test, and optimize content performance
- Pivot seamlessly from strategy and concepting to hands-on writing to support creative production needs; writing will account for up to 50% of the time in this role
- Review copy drafts and provide constructive feedback
- Assist in recruiting and retaining required additional team members
- Provide day-to-day management for the writing team in a way that embodies the vision and values of PitchBook through setting clear expectations, role modeling and advocating on behalf of team members
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven staff management skills with 2-3 years of experience in handling direct reports
- 10+ years of experience as a B2B marketing copywriter; portfolio showing a range of relevant work
- Professional SEO and content strategy experience strongly preferred
- Experience and comfort level with balancing multiple, distinct creative projects at once and navigating shifting priorities, timelines, directives and project scopes
- Experience working within an agile sprint process strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience to work effectively with other creatives and cross-functional teams
- Must be passionate and curious about all aspects of marketing and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Microsoft Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- An appreciation for private equity, venture capital and M&A, and the desire to continuously learn and stay on top of market trends
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.