Senior Staff Writer, Technology at PitchBook
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
*Please submit a cover letter with your resume. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Are you passionate about technology, startups and venture capital?
PitchBook is looking for an experienced, curious and voracious writer to join our growing news team. You will collaborate with a full-time team of writers and editors to produce compelling articles that cover breaking news developments, provide original insights on relevant markets, profile fascinating people and companies, and leverage our best-in-class datasets to engage our audience. Your work will be featured on PitchBook's website and within a daily newsletter with more than 650,000 subscribers.
- Write multiple articles per week for PitchBook News & Analysis that either cover breaking news, analyze market trends, profile key figures in the industry, offer original commentary or highlight PitchBook datasets
- Brainstorm ideas and collaborate with our team to cover key developments in the tech and VC industries
- Contribute to the development of short-term and long-term tech content strategy
- Build network of contacts within the industry to aid in the ideation and production of articles
- Attend events locally, regionally and globally and produce live coverage
- Share content on and engage with industry leaders via social media
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of professional writing experience
- Well-versed in technology, startups, finance and venture capital
- Can successfully produce various types of content across a variety of platforms
- Able to leverage thorough research to express strong opinions
- A skilled storyteller
- An extensive network of relevant sources
- Able to conduct meaningful interviews
- Consistently delivers on tight deadlines
- Social media savvy, with the ability to effectively engage in conversations through social platforms
- An eye for design and values collaboration with graphic designers
- Works well independently and in team settings
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.