Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Imagine this. You work at a company whose goal is to make the bullet obsolete. I know. It's nuts. It's controversial. But solving really hard problems isn't easy. It is, however, terribly exciting. Axon is is diving hard into storytelling at the mass level to educate, inspire and propel public safety into the 21st Century. Short films, documentaries, fantastic social content...whatever it takes. We're creating VR to provide empathy training so officers are empowered to de-escalate situations in nonlethal ways (Yes!). Our creative team is growing and we're doing some of the craziest work you are ever likely to try in your career. People think they have to sacrifice sufficient pay for being a part of a mission, or vice versa. We disagree. You are valued, and your talents are valuable and are desperately needed. If you are a mission-driven social media talent with a steep career trajectory, read on.
Axon is looking for a bright, experienced Social Media Content Developer who is ready to work directly with Axon’s CEO and the Axon brand team to capture the complete, controversial and unvarnished mission of protecting life and making the bullet obsolete. The ideal candidate will showcase an in-depth understanding of major and emerging social media platforms, their participants and how each platform can be leveraged to gain unique marketing value. We’re looking for a self-starter who is obsessed with building engaging, authentic and provocative content to drive meaningful conversation and build awareness with the expertise to monitor, analyze and test to deliver on goals.
Your Day to Day
- Study the company history, culture, products, mission and personalities to capture the authentic voice of our social presence
- Drive ideas and work with our CEO to develop content that engages an audience and grows follower base
- Personally write content for all channels to achieve reach and engagement goals
- Influence and inspire great social-first creative by collaborating with the executive, communications and creative teams as new content is being briefed and ideated
- Deliver results within an agile, iterative, data-focused environment
- Present regular updates to senior executives with confidence
- TENURE: Minimum of 3 years of experience in a social marketing role, for a mid-size to large brand or agency.
- PLATFORMS: Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- COMMUNICATION: Stellar written and verbal communication, with the ability to capture and replicate an authentic voice of a brand and individual.
- RESULTS: Demonstrated ability to develop social media/online community plans and drive engagement strategies that deliver results through testing, iteration and metrics.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field. Focus on journalism, social media and/or advertising a plus. Equivalent years of experience will also be considered.
- PACE: Energized by a continuous stream of high-speed, high-stakes challenges. Startup experience a big plus.
- STRATEGY: Fascinated by understanding what drives customer loyalty and participation. Ability to look at data, analyze, and draw valued insights.
- COLLABORATION: Self-starter with ability to work both independently and collaboratively across teams, functions, and agencies, driving alignment and managing deadlines.
- BREADTH: Knowledge of online community sites and groups (Reddit, Quora, Facebook Groups, etc.)
- PASSION: Experience with technology, public safety and/or political brands a plus. Personal curiosity and knowledge of these sectors also valued.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description