Space Planner at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:35 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, April 9, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
We're looking for an experienced Space Planner to support our growing company. As a Space Planner you will be responsible for supporting company and workplace team growth, specifically around headcount growth and furniture standardization. This role requires strong technical aptitude, enterprise support experience, and most of all, a strong customer-first attitude.
You will take ownership of:
- Coordinate and perform space planning for various facilities equating to approximately 200k sq ft, including the development of short- and long-term space plans to accommodate staffing needs, adjacencies and other business requirements.
- Meet with stakeholders to determine scope of project and complete sketches to communicate scope of work for furniture changes and additions to accommodate moving staff or on-boarding new staff. Complete space planning to meet codes and space allocation standards.
- Coordinate inventory of existing furniture available to be moved and incorporated into new projects.
- Oversee and manage surplus furniture inventory for all buildings.
- Coordinate selection and specification for furnishings.
- Ability to benchmark scalable metrics across the portfolio.
- Maintain space analysis and space utilization within the system of record. Produce findings to ensure the accuracy of information and analytics as well company-wide seating is up-to-date.
- Design and manage conference room furniture standards.
- Develop, manage, and coordinate requests for moves, adds and changes (MAC) with facilities and determine appropriate services to be provided by respective teams (Facilities Operations, IT, Security, external Vendors, etc.).
- Manage spacewalks for validation and update of occupancy metrics.
- Create presentations for highly visible projects for a wide ranging audience (ie: senior leadership) containing but not limited to workplace standards, agile work environments, and complex phasing.
- Track site vacancies; make recommendations for expansion/contraction by comparing occupancy to established metrics
You have the following skills and experience:
- Three or more years of space planning experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience interpreting floor plans and knowledge of office design principles.
- Great customer service and strong team ethic.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Project and CAFM Systems.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Bluebeam is preferred.
- Experience working with contract furniture and space planning is required.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!