Chewy is seeking a dynamic, seasoned, and analytical Senior Category Manager to join our merchandising team in Seattle, WA. In this role you will own a robust P&L, negotiate to improve business terms and margin against category and company goals, directly manage high profile vendor relationships, develop and execute category business strategies, and actively identify opportunities to accelerate your business. Negotiation experience, verbal, written, and presentation skills are a must. You should have a passion to innovate and ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment. You can expect to work side-by-side with equally smart and motivated entrepreneurs as we continue to build Chewy’s future as a leader in ecommerce.
What You'll Do:
- Own complete profit & loss management, including improvement of business terms and margin against category and company goals
- Establish, build, and manage strong external vendor relationships, including ownership across all negotiations
- Identify opportunities within your category to optimize and maximize product performance, including analyzing sales data, assortment gaps, and market trends to make quick, effective decisions for your business
- Build (from scratch if needed) and analyze sales, margin, and customer performance metrics, successfully gleaning insights to drive effective and meaningful strategy
- Work collaboratively across cross-functional teams including finance, marketing, supply chain, pricing, content, and operations.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA a plus).
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in Merchandising, Business, eCommerce, Technology, Finance, Product Management, Category Management, Consulting, or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and strong knowledge of retail math
- SQL a plus
- Ability to lead, be nimble, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive may require travel (10%)