Sr. Technical Writer (Seattle OR Remote)
Upbound.io is a cloud native computing startup on a mission to create the first open and community driven cloud computing platform, to empower developers and organizations to build and run a new generation of software across multiple public and private cloud environments. We are passionately leading an open source effort around building world-class developer and enterprise experiences in the cloud-computing space.
Upbound is looking for a Sr. Technical Writer who can be entrusted to document the customer journey within Crossplane, the Upbound Cloud and more!
While building amazing technology is important, Upbound has an intense commitment to building a great culture. With company values like Champion Others, Be Collaborative, Stay on Target, Stay Hungry, Have Fun and Empower Others; Upbound uses these values to build and uphold culture. We understand that culture is an iterative process and invite all Upbounders to take the startup as code approach where any employee can have input on the process. Sound interesting? Keep reading…
In this role, you can expect to be:
- Producing high quality technical documentation, technical blogs, and marketing content.
- Working with the product and engineering teams to write help topics, and develop a knowledge bases.
- Assisting with in-depth technical articles on open source topics.
- Building frameworks to support style guides and scaling technical documentation processes.
- Assisting with documentation on SDKs, and developer oriented documentation.
You are a good fit if:
- You are enthusiastic in your writing about cloud-computing, containers, and orchestration technologies.
- You are understand how to write about and create diagrams for cloud infrastructure components and processes.
- You are effective in working independently and with a team to build content.
- You have instrumented knowledge bases for capturing feedback and measuring relevance.
- You have worked on open source projects.
- You are effective in working independently.
- You are effective at communicating and socializing your ideas.
- You have 3+ years of related industry experience.
Would be excellent if:
- You have a deeper understanding of technologies in the ”cloud native" stack including Kubernetes, Docker, Go.
- You have managed other technical writers.
- You’re an active writer or blogger for an open source project.
- You have worked in a startup before.
We encourage all applicants to write a cover letter describing why you're interested in working at Upbound, what draws you to this role, and how you think you can help our cause.
At Upbound, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We realize that our industry has a poor track record when it comes to diversity and we hope to do our part to fix that.
Come join our team as we embark on a new era of open cloud-computing.
Read Full Job Description