Staff Writer, SEO at Carta
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Editorial & Content Team is a scrappy team of content strategists and journalists. We’re passionate about democratizing equity ownership, increasing access to financial education, bringing valuable insights and data to the venture ecosystem, and spreading the word about Carta.
The team sits within the Marketing team, which encompasses Marketing, Channel, and Policy & Government Affairs. Your teammates have created and sold TV shows in Hollywood, won on Jeopardy!, written political speeches heard by thousands, and led the rebrand of Carta from eShares.The Problems You’ll Solve
Carta is lucky to work with thousands of brilliant founders, investors, and employees. Your work will fuel our Editorial & Content team’s calendar and our Demand Generation team’s strategic bets. As an SEO writer, you’ll collaborate closely with an SEO strategist and the greater content team to create compelling, helpful, and highly readable content based around search opportunities. Your work will help us solve for:
- Ideas: You’ll stay on top of ever-evolving search best practices, keyword performance, and company initiatives to contribute creative and strategic SEO-driven content ideas—and ideas for optimizing the entire calendar.
- Strategy: You’ll partner with the greater marketing team on a cross-platform SEO content strategy that helps us grow and tell relevant stories about who we are, what we stand for, and how we work.
- Education: You’ll write clear, interesting, on-brand blog posts, optimized for search.
- Impact and awareness: You’ll monitor and regularly report on your works’ performance to goals, exploring ways to change strategy when needed based on your results.
- Updates: You’ll create a list of current articles to update based on risk and opportunity, updating and rewriting articles regularly.
- Growth: You’ll write metadata for relevant campaigns, site pages, social descriptions, and other business needs.
- Search reputation: You’ll help us build a backlink strategy that drives traffic from high-quality pages elsewhere on the internet to improve our search rank.
- Efficiency: You’ll manage and communicate your time in order to work on many pieces at once to deadlines.
You are a professional writer/editor who loves thinking strategically, working collaboratively, and driving results. You’re passionate about SEO strategy, structures, trends, and the most effective tools to work with. You’re even more passionate about telling stories—and you’re highly adept at translating keywords into compelling, readable content that drives growth. You thrive on not only meeting deadlines, but also communicating them across teams. And you’re an idea factory and problem solver who’s looking for a role where you can be an integral part of the Editorial & Content team, not just “the SEO person.”
Ideally, you’re also deeply interested in the venture ecosystem, with a strong grasp of equity fundamentals, and a genuine empathy for founders. But if you’re eager to plunge in and learn, and have heart for our vision and serious skill as a writer and SEO strategist: Let’s talk.