Upbound is a cloud native computing startup that empowers organizations to run, scale and optimize their services across multiple public and private cloud environments. Our growing team is on a mission to free cloud-computing from the grip of a few proprietary cloud vendors. We are passionate about building world-class developer and enterprise experiences in the cloud-computing space powered by open source.
Upbound is headquartered in Seattle and is hiring for roles on open source projects and commercial hosted offerings.
Upbound is venture funded and backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures).
In this role, you can expect to be:
- Producing high quality technical documentation.
- Working with the product and engineering teams to write help topics, and develop a knowledge bases.
- Assisting with in-depth technical articles on open source topics.
- Building frameworks to support style guides and scaling technical documentation processes.
- Assisting with documentation on SDKs, and developer oriented documentation.
You are a good fit if:
- You are enthusiastic in your writing about cloud-computing, containers, and orchestration technologies.
- You are understand how to write about and create diagrams for cloud infrastructure components and processes.
- You are effective in working independently and with a team to build content.
- You have instrumented knowledge bases for capturing feedback and measuring relevance.
- You have worked on open source projects.
- You are effective in working independently.
- You are effective at communicating and socializing your ideas.
- You have 3+ years of related industry experience.
Would be excellent if:
- You have a deeper understanding of technologies in the ”cloud native" stack including Kubernetes, Docker, Go.
- You have managed other technical writers.
- You’re an active writer or blogger for an open source project.
- You have worked in a startup before.
We encourage all applicants to write a cover letter describing why you're interested in working at Upbound, what draws you to this role, and how you think you can help our cause.
At Upbound, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We realize that our industry has a poor track record when it comes to diversity and we hope to do our part to fix that.
Come join our team as we embark on a new era of open cloud-computing.
Read Full Job Description