As the Manager of our Education & Training team, you’ll be responsible for developing and delivering the strategy and roadmap of the Knock Education and Training program. This position reports to the VP of Customer Success. Our goal is to transform our overall education and training capability from a set of tactical product enablement courses and articles to a strategic asset that accelerates our customer’s time to value and provides leverage for our Customer Success team to scale and exceed its goals.
Everyday our customers deserve an amazing experience and our commitment to their success. Their wins are our wins. We know that in order to drive success we need to build an exceptional Customer Success Organization that preserves and expands the company’s book of business, opens the door to new opportunities, and creates advocates for our customers. At Knock our Customer Success team consists of several teams that participate in the entire customer journey post-sale: Implementation, Launch & Expansion, Education & Training, Renewal, and Support.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves as consumers: the process of renting an apartment sucked. It was disorganized, time consuming, and frustrating. It seemed landlords were stuck in the past and didn’t understand how to use technology to their advantage. But the problems and solutions seemed obvious to us, and we had a vision for what a better experience should be. After validating our insights with a few early customers (who became investors) we got to work partnering with real estate companies to deliver on turning that vision into reality.
Seven years later, we have helped our property management customers find apartments for millions of renters. We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In March of 2019 we announced we raised a $10m Series A round to continue to accelerate growth and product development, led by Madrona Venture Group: https://www.geekwire.com/2019/madrona-leads-10m-round-knock-crm-communications-service-apartment-landlords/
In January 2020 we were honored to receive recognition as one of Seattle’s Best Small Companies to Work by BuiltIn Seattle: https://www.builtinseattle.com/companies/best-small-places-to-work-seattle-2020
In May 2020 we announced we raised a $12m Series B round to continue on the path of growth, led by Madrona Venture Group, with partners from Lead Edge Capital and Seven Peaks Ventures:https://www.geekwire.com/2020/product-built-times-like-seattle-startup-knock-raises-12m/
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Establish Education / Training Strategy & Roadmap for Next 2 Years
- Drive increase in growth, reduction in gross attrition, i.e. increase net retention
- Leverage all channels: self-serve, instructor led, in-app
- Address the entire customer life-cycle: Assessment, Onboarding, Expansion/Change, Maturity
- Expand beyond application usage to Multi-Family CRM recommended business practices
- Define revenue strategy, i.e. bundled in subscription, Professional Services, Metered, etc.
- Leverage technology: eLearning, video services, LMS, etc.
- Introduce new aspirational ideas: easier "customization" ability, Playbooks in app, etc.
- Partner with Product Marketing for general messaging and new release capabilities, Sales and Customer Success for customer life-cycle needs, and Product for in-App content
- Take ownership of the Knock Help Center and incorporate this important asset into the overall Education and Training strategy. Update as appropriate working closely with Support and Product Marketing to identify content needs.
- Take a data driven approach to measure impact and effectiveness
- Experienced: At least 3 - 5 years of experience developing / executing education programs and training courses for SaaS companies. You’re practical and have a track record of success enabling customers on application software.
- Passionate: You’re excited to own the solutions you work on and get things done. You care deeply about meeting the needs of business stakeholders, solution design, and collaboration.
- Curious: You seek to learn new things, in particular overall business goals and day to day business processes and challenges of our customers. You desire to become deeply knowledgeable in our industry domain.
- Problem solver: You love tackling hard problems and figuring out the best solution. You consider customer needs, development costs, business value, design, and usability in your thought process.
- Quick on your feet: You’re decisive and enjoy moving fast – but you’re still data-driven in your approach.
- Excellent communicator: You communicate effectively in writing and in person. You’re great at connecting solutions with purpose and problems.
- People-oriented: You know your team delivers the best results when processes and structure works for them, and you love being part of collective victories.
- Collaborative: You thrive in highly collaborative environments, are comfortable with getting buy-in early and often, and know how to leverage the knowledge and experience that your co-workers have to offer.
Why You'll Love It Here
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Stock options
- Gym membership at LA Fitness Signature Clubs
- We like to do fun things together! Conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours
- Parental leave program
- Whatever mode of transportation you use - we got you covered!
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the Knock team
- Plus free lunch on Fridays!
At Knock we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.