PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on hardworking professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees, regardless of their background, to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
Are you fascinated by the challenge of helping users learn new products and features? Are you an advocate for customers with a strong need to help them understand the right features at the right time? Is your primary motivation to help customers by crafting content that allows them to self-solve?
You will be responsible for executing a content strategy for new products; building thoughtful documentation that will take customers through a self-guided journey. You will measure the impact of new and existing content by tracking user behavior. With this information, you will prioritize the creation of new content while keeping existing content up to date.
You will collaborate with Customer Education, Product and UX teams to identify needs by understanding product roadmaps, then developing content that will allow customers to access valuable insights quickly. You will influence terms and copy within our products to improve customer experience. You will also work alongside members of our Customer Success teams to ensure that customers receive the best support experience possible.
- You are passionate about the opportunity to design new learning experiences, have an experimentation mindset, and thrive when trying new things.
- You work well with others, especially those who think differently from you. In this role you will work alongside our customer education and support teams to collaborate on how-to-guides, reference and quick-start guides, online help, and training videos, all with the goal of driving product adoption by helping customers self-solve through content.
- You have experience writing, editing, and facilitating curriculum in online spaces with an eye for design. You are a strong content creator, and you understand best-practices and methods behind engaging adult learners.
- You are a passionate collaborator who works well with a team, but can also function independently. You possess attention to detail, emphasizing quality and uniformity of all published products. You are confident building, maintaining, and carrying out style guidelines.
- You have an interest in measuring the effectiveness of content and in making data-informed improvements.
- 2-5 years Technical Writing experience, writing educational content for software products (please submit writing sample/portfolio with application).
- Experience with video and documentation content creation.
- Previous experience in a self-starting role.
- Knowledge of standard style methodologies.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and image editing.
(please submit writing sample/portfolio with application)
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale follows applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Benefits We Offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays!
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like...
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)