A2, Sports (Temporary) (Seattle, WA or Remote)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
- Audio II Technician for remote sports broadcast show.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Operate all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to: audio mixing consoles, outboard equipment, audio & video routing, digital audio delivery servers, microphone & IFBs and their signal flows, mix minus, intercom devices & software, broadcast routers, etc. Measures audio signals to ensure quality control of Turner Sports endorsed standards on all operations using comprehensive knowledge of broadcast methods
- Measure audio signals to ensure quality control of Turner Sports endorsed standards on all operations using comprehensive knowledge of broadcast methods
- Prioritize and disseminate complex information among the entire control room/studio/remote crews in a clear and concise manner to ensure seamless productions
- Become fully knowledgeable in all aspects of operation and basic maintenance of the production audio systems including but not limited to: audio console, RTS intercom system programming, audio server routing, RF microphones and IFBs as well as other audio or communication related support systems
- Work creatively and collaboratively with Production and Operations management to establish sound production practices for the delivery of content within sports, news, and topical programming
Qualifications & Experience...
- Proficient level of operational skills and abilities in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; audio mixing consoles, outboard equipment, MADI router, digital audio delivery servers, microphone and IFB signal flows, mix minus, intercom devices, broadcast routers, etc.
- Minimum of 4 years practical TV Production or related experience at the large market or network level.
- Solid knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; non-linear edit systems, broadcast routers, media management process and applications, technical standards, etc.
- Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment
- Qualified applicants must demonstrate and maintain an understanding of established industry standards, equipment and quality control
- Must be willing to travel from home market
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].