NetSuite Technical Architect at Outreach (Seattle, WA)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:07 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, February 8, 2022
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
As the NetSuite Technical Architect you will be responsible for providing support and technical assistance to users for our NetSuite ERP. As part of this role, you will own customizations of the platform and provide solutions for business stakeholders across Finance, Accounting, and IT teams. You will also provide day-to-day administration of the core system for regular updates and maintenance. Hands-on experience with NetSuite as an administrator is required. To be successful in this position, the candidate should also have experience with Finance processes, an understanding of Accounting, and strong project management skills. The candidate must possess a track record of being detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to self–motivate, deliver results while dealing with ambiguity, and be able to anticipate change in a highly dynamic environment.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include:
- SuiteScript development for new customizations and maintaining existing scripts.
- Identify areas of underutilization or potential risk.
- Partner with the Accounting team to develop a project roadmap to increase optimization of the platform and provide guidance on process improvement efforts for better efficiency and scalability.
- Daily administration and supporting end-user requests.
- Troubleshooting scripts, workflows, and other integrations within the platform.
- Document system changes, including User Acceptance Training (UAT) results with proper review and sign off by management.
- Create and maintain technical documentation of customizations owned by Finance Systems.
- Establish strong relationships within Finance, Accounting, and key business partners.
- Ensure comprehensive and timely communication of project status to all relevant stakeholders.
- Perform testing and provide support on NetSuite Release Previews and upgrades to SaaS applications and internal business tools integrated with the platform (Coupa, Snowflake, Concur, FloQast).
- Document project requirements for system design, key milestones, and deliverables.
- Track open action items and requests using JIRA.
- Minimum of 3 years NetSuite experience.
- NetSuite Administrator Certification; SuiteCloud Developer Certification is a plus.
- Accounting/Finance degree or comparable experience preferred.
- Highly curious. Capable and confident in analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make thoughtful, practical decisions.
- A team-oriented, customer centric, and collaborative attitude with the ability to foster cooperation among upper management, business stakeholders and third-party solution providers.
- Outstanding, proactive communication skills – written, verbal, and presentations.
- Flexible, positive thinker that can find the way to get things done in a complex and fast-moving environment.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Read Full Job Description