Application Engineer I
We are seeking individuals with software development and/or financial analysis experience to design, develop and validate our flagship SaaS product suite. An application engineer’s job is to build the solutions necessary to help integrate the needs of our customers with the Technology Business Management methodology. The Application engineering team collaborates regularly with our Pre and Post sales organizations as well as our Product management and Design teams to ensure use cases are validated and prioritized in order to develop an out of the box application experience. Your efforts will directly impact the value realized by the customer and the ultimate success of Apptio. In order to succeed on this team, you must have the passion and energy to work in a startup, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment.
The Application Engineering Team works side by side with the Product Management, Product Design, Platform Development and Quality teams to develop an Out of the Box Technology Business Management suite of Applications. Our applications serve as the primary solution for CIO’s and other IT Executives to not just manage their business of IT but grow the efficiency and offerings in which they offer. We take pride in having a very collaborative environment that allows for both creativity and growth. Our cross team collaboration spans beyond engineering and into our Pre and Post Sales organizations to ensure use cases are validated, prioritized and positioned in ways that result in successful customers! Your efforts will directly impact the value realized by the customer and the ultimate success of Apptio. In order to succeed in this team, you must have the passion and energy to work in a startup, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment.
What we want you to do:
We seek someone who learns fast and loves applications that solve business problems. You will help to identify product opportunities and then work through the functional and development details in collaboration with your cross-functional team. You are responsible for the development of an out-of-the-box experience that delivers the desired capabilities in a compelling way that drives sales success and customer adoption.
• Design, develop and validate multiple, simultaneous application feature requests.
• Gather functional and business requirements from both internal and external customers and translate those into an out of the box Apptio solution which meets customer needs, provides maximum solution value and is within the scope of our Technology Business Management roadmap.
• Configure and test Apptio dashboards, reports and underlying data models to meet functional design specifications.
• Work with the product management, implementation, and sales organizations to channel client feedback and solutions into future releases of the Apptio product suite.
• Provide feature release training as needed.
• Define implementation details, including data models (similar to database schemas), calculations/business rules, workflow, reporting/analytics and general user interface.
• Identify and champion enhancements to the Apptio platform that will facilitate feature delivery
• Contribute procedures, tools, and practices to optimize team productivity.
• Experience with BI tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
• Strong skills in MS Excel
• Analytical thinker with skills in the following:
o Ability to clearly express complex information
o Design analytics for consistency with standards
o Develop and test models
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
• High-level knowledge of enterprise IT organizational, business, and technical environments.
• Business Analyst experience
• Skilled at working with large datasets, quickly detecting and resolving data-related issues.
• Skilled at completing technical design via iterative mockups.
• Basic programming skills and data analytics e.g. Excel, Access, SQL, Business Objects, etc.
• Database schema design experience.
• Agile development processes.
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, including specification, implementation, and testing
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.