Associate Data Scientist
Why we’ll hire you:
- You are scary good with data. You look at charts, furrow your eyebrows, and observe that something doesn’t seem quite right. Others see trends; you see outliers.
- You examine and question data insights and don’t take anything at face value. You understand that strong analytical recommendations require an intricate knowledge of both the data sources you are working with, and the broader business context.
- You have deep empathy for the business owners you will support. You understand at a cellular level that people have jobs to do and decisions to make, and it is your job to help them do that in as data-driven a way as possible.
- You get excited about data hygiene. You work relentlessly to ensure clean, accurate data to inform the early stages of product launches, and work to ensure strategic business decisions are made off of the right information.
- You are a thought partner for business owners. You always strive to answer the question behind the question and distill the underlying need to analyze data.
- You thrive in the dynamic, ambiguous environment of a startup within a hyper-growth startup. You are comfortable wearing a variety of hats, unblock blockers, take initiative, and move things forward despite the real world of imperfect information.
- You show a pattern of being self-started, self-taught, and self-directed. You are your own QA team, producing quality analysis and creating novel ways to ensure accuracy.
- You are passionate about designing and measuring tests. You are able to transform an ambiguous idea into a thoughtful, detailed hypothesis test that will inform future strategies.
Your toolset includes:
- Python and/or R a plus
- Google Analytics or similar user funnel analytics tools
- Tableau, Looker, or similar data visualization tools
- Data-informed decision making with rigorous split testing
- Fundamentals of hypothesis testing: experiment design, data sufficiency and statistical power, A/B testing, understanding of meta-significance, etc
- B.S in a quantitative discipline required; advanced degree (MS or PhD) preferred
- Strong analytical, technical and coding skills
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting a dog
- Free doggy PTO and dog walks
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches every other Tuesday
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more