Business Analyst - Growth
Why we’ll hire you:
- You are a thought partner for business owners. You are relentless in getting to the question behind the question and distilling the underlying need to analyze data.
- You are scary good with data. You look at charts, furrow your eyebrows, and observe that something doesn’t seem quite right. Others see trends; you see outliers.
- You examine and question data insights and don’t take anything at face value. You understand that strong recommendations require an intricate understanding of both the data sources you are working with and the broader business context.
- You have deep empathy for the business owners you will support. You understand at a cellular level that people have jobs to do and decisions to make, and it is your job to help them do that in as data-driven a way as possible.
- You thrive in the dynamic environment of a hyper-growth startup. You unblock blockers, take initiative, and move things forward despite the real world of imperfect information.
- You are excited to design and measure tests. You are able to transform an ambiguous idea into a thoughtful, detailed hypothesis test that will inform future strategies.
- We are specifically looking for a Business Analyst to support the Growth product team. The analyst will:
- Support A/B tests and ensure that best practices are being followed so that we can make accurate and impactful decisions.
- Provide feedback to the business regarding demand capture, funnel conversion rates, channel attribution, and product changes.
- Establish and maintain reporting that provides insight into customer acquisition.
- Providing explanations and recommendations based on test results or analyses.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support Growth product managers in developing new features
- At least 2 years experience working cross-functionally with real-world, complex datasets.
- A college degree with coursework in a quantitative field. You don't need a degree in STEM, but familiarity with quantitative concepts and methods is a must.
- Two-sided Marketplace experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, you know how to narrate results to business stakeholders and executives in a useful, concise, and actionable way.
- Experience working with data infrastructure / engineering teams to assist with recommendations for organizing data into performant tables.
- Familiarity with digital customer acquisition. You can explain the difference between SEO and SEM.
Your toolset includes:
- SQL: you are fluent and would feel comfortable heading a SQL 101 course.
- Fundamentals of hypothesis testing: experiment design, data sufficiency and statistical power, A/B testing, understanding of meta-significance, etc.
Your Bonus Skills:
- Python, R, or a similar computational language
- Periscope, Tableau, Looker, or similar data visualization tools.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)