Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The Passbook team is a startup within Remitly, and we think combines the best parts of working in a startup with the best parts of working in a later stage technology company.
Passbook is banking designed for immigrants. It's easy to open an account with documents immigrants already have, built for travel back home and abroad, has no monthly fees, and makes remittances faster and cheaper than ever. Our mission is to create the most loved and trusted banking partner to immigrants globally. And we're just getting started.
As a Business Analyst on the Passbook team, you help plan our financial future and inform our strategy. You're at the intersection of the customer-facing business and finance. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Analytics for Passbook, you will analyze customer behavior and financial data to build forecast models and own our management P&L reporting. You'll identify levers for profit margin growth, forecast new customer growth, new business opportunities, and challenge the team on how we grow to serve our customers.
What You'll Do:
- Dive deep into our invoices, contracts, and partner systems to become the subject matter expert on our revenue and cost of sales model
- Build our business management view of our P&L with a vision for how our business economics scale at a unit, customer, and business level
- Improve our LTV modeling and use of the model to inform our strategic roadmap
- Help guide the strategic planning process
- Identify customer behavior insights that lead to growth or efficiency recommendations
- Conduct marketing sizing to inform financial models
Who You Are:
- You are a builder - and no problem space is too small, no vision is too big.
- You ask "Why?" and are willing to challenge ideas
- Experience with and understanding of financial management and basic accounting concepts (P&L line items, variable vs fixed costs)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Finance, Statistics, or related field)
- 2+ years of experience in Business Analysis, preferably within B2C
- "Craft" skills with SQL and spreadsheet modeling
- Experience with data visualization and related tools (e.g., Tableau, Periscope)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits and 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer