Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. We offer the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through our network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-focused people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
The Data Science team is at the core of Convoy’s business. We build the models that power freight pricing, shipment offer relevance, auction bidding strategy, and other core services. The breadth of the problems space is huge, spanning machine learning, optimization, metric definition, econometrics, and prediction domains. And we have only begun to dig into the difficult and diverse problems in our two-sided marketplace.
Who you are:
We are looking for a Business Analyst to work in Convoy’s Shipment Success Org.
At Convoy you will be expected to work autonomously and own your domain end-to-end. You will collaborate with Data Scientists, Account Managers, Marketing, Engineers, Product and Program Managers across the company. You will be responsible for defining core business logic in our data warehouse, using data to develop insights, answering strategic product questions, developing scalable and robust data visualizations, and more.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline, such as business, statistics, accounting, math, or economics.
- 1-3 years of experience in consulting, BI, strategy, or data analyst roles Strong systematic skills - good at creating and processing business information, creating dashboards, creating and implementing key business metrics, experienced with data warehouse infrastructure and building BI tables
- ETL Pipeline experience
- Excellent skills in tools like SQL, Data Visualization, Excel or similar tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete solutions
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as Python or R
- Experience managing complex projects with an ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!