Business Analyst at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:04 a.m. (PST) on Friday, November 13, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Who you are:
We are looking for a Business Analyst to work in Convoy’s Shipment Success Org. Our team’s focus is on shipment execution - building products for scheduling appointments, location tracking, issue detection, handling exceptions and payouts.
At Convoy you will be expected to work autonomously and own your domain end-to-end. You will collaborate with Data Scientists, Account Managers, Marketing, Engineers, Product and Program Managers across the company. You will be responsible for defining core business logic in our data warehouse, using data to develop insights, answering strategic product questions, developing scalable and robust data visualizations, and more.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline, such as business, statistics, accounting, math, or economics.
- 1-3 years of experience in consulting, BI, strategy, or data analyst roles.
- Strong systems thinking - creating and processing business information, creating dashboards and other data visualization, creating and implementing key business metrics, experienced with data warehouse infrastructure and building BI tables.
- Excellent skills in tools like SQL, Excel, or similar tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into structured analysis.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience managing complex projects with an ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as Python or R.
- ETL Pipeline experience.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!