About the Role:
We are seeking an analytical individual to help us better understand our two-sided marketplace and assist teams in building more effective and innovative products. As a small, fast-moving team, we’re looking for someone who’s eager to solve whatever challenge is thrown at them and have significant impact on the organization. This person will work alongside diverse teams within the organization, managing multiple priorities with minimal oversight, to complete analyses of business problems to be solved, break data down, and effectively communicate the story to a wide audience.
Our Business Analysts are passionate about understanding our consumers’ and providers’ behavior through data, and have a “whatever it takes” mentality, using their analytical expertise and quantitative reasoning to help accelerate our growth. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to develop their expertise in an organization with opportunity for mobility and advancement.
In this role you will:
- Use quantitative techniques to deliver insights leading to product and initiative change
- Perform in-depth analysis and identification of the root cause of key business issues
- Work within a business team to support the team’s objectives and answer questions as the quantitative expert
- Handle ambiguity by defining analytical approach and driving to the heart of the problem
- Create tools to support the access of and use of data across the organization
- Serve as an in-house expert to analyze business challenges and offer solutions based on best-practices and research
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
...you love turning quantitative measurements into business change and making an immediate impact in a fast-growing organization. This team is collaborative, bold, fast-moving, and tons of fun. Below are some of the qualifications we’d love for you to have. Don’t think you fully fit the bill? Apply anyway. Internally, we’re in the business of building leaders.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- Prior experience in a high-impact analytics role
- History of actively identifying problems with significant business impact
- Proficient in advanced quantitative research techniques
- Experience using SQL and a scripting language in a business setting
- Advanced Excel and/or data manipulation skills
- Able to give business recommendations created from complex data, for all levels of the organization
- Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that maintain high standards of quality and accuracy
- Able to learn quickly, navigate through ambiguity, and demonstrate logical and structured thinking
- Highly analytical and confident mindset -- you’re curious, quantitative, and meticulous
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools are a plus
Travel: Travel is not anticipated for this role.
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.