Data Analyst - Carrier Strategy
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world’s largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century’s leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, Google, and others.
At Convoy, data is the backbone of everything we do. As a Data Analyst on the Carrier Strategy and Operations (CSO) team, you’ll be a crucial member of the team as we build and optimize campaigns to increase carrier growth and retention. You’re able to take a complex question, break it down into its component parts, and come up with a data-driven answer. You’re not afraid to dive into new datasets to make the data digestible and find insights.
- Work with marketing channel owners to optimize existing email and advertising campaigns by analyzing campaign performance and ROI using SQL
- Create and iteratively improve a working marketing attribution model to track the effectiveness of reengagement campaigns
- Analyze the results of digital marketing experiments and make recommendations about implementation of the results and the design of future experiments
- Generate reports for leadership about team performance against goals for acquisition and reengagement
- Work with customer lifecycle team to find areas of the carrier lifecycle that require more or less communication to inform our communication strategy
- Automate reporting via Metabase dashboards, visualizations, and tool integrations.
- Create projections for new programs or interventions based on historical performance and changing market conditions
- At least 1 year in an analyst or similar data-centric related role
- Expert knowledge and fluency in SQL
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as R or Python a plus
- Strong math background. You love working with numbers
- Familiarity with marketing funnels, advertising platforms, and campaign metrics
- Strong communication and keen attention to detail
- Collaborative approach. We’re a tight-knit team!
NOTE: Convoy does not currently offer sponsorship for this role
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you’re a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description