Data Analyst - Carrier Strategy
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Google, Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst for our Carrier Strategy team, you will collaborate across the organization to drive programs that are strategically important to Convoy. You are operational and are able to break down large problems into concrete analytical solutions. You are influential and a strong communicator. With your prior business experience, you will partner and drive some of our most important programs across our carrier engagement, incentives, and loyalty team.
At Convoy you will be expected to work autonomously and own your domain end-to-end. We are a highly aligned team that operates in a fast-paced environment and pivots when needed to focus on what matters most. You will work with high signal-to-noise data to power your deep dive research, modeling, and experimentation projects. If you’re curious minded and are interested in joining a company that is pushing the envelope, join us.
You will take on:
- Strategy: You are able to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy
- Fluency with data: You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them, you are fluent in experimental frameworks, and you enjoy running experiments, working with wider teams to set-up and analyze results, and make recommendations on how to proceed
- Communications: You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You clearly communicate goals, issues, and status to all stakeholders and partners
- Judgment: You can assess costs, benefits, and risks to your programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively
- Influence: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
You'll have the following skills and experience:
- Fluent with data; at least 4+ years of experience in BI or Data Science Roles.
- 3-5 years professional/business experience
- Strong operational mindedness.
- Programming expertise in SQL, R, and Python.
- Strong math background. You love working with numbers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strategy - you are able to own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy.
- Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity.
You will work on:
- Business Analysis
- Marketplace Dynamics
- Data Analysis
NOTE: Convoy does not currently offer sponsorship for this role
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description