Stackline is an all-in-one ecommerce platform for brands and retailers. By combining market intelligence, advertising automation, workflow management, and operational analytics into a single platform, Stackline delivers the industry-leading operating system for companies to scale their online retail business globally. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Seattle with additional offices in Minneapolis and London, Stackline is on a mission to engineer the world’s most powerful data, tools, and services for commerce.
In June 2021, Stackline received a $130 million strategic investment from TA Associates, a leading global growth private equity firm. This was followed by a $50 million investment from Goldman Sachs Growth Equity in November 2020. Stackline will utilize TA’s capital to continue growing the company’s product offerings and expanding its global footprint.
Stackline’s extensive brand list includes retail stalwarts such as Starbucks, Sony, General Mills, Mondelez, and Levi’s. In 2020, the company helped its clients grow their online businesses while continuing to diversify its technology offerings.
Join our team as a Data Engineer and you will help leading consumer brands use data and technology to discover insights, improve decision-making and transform their businesses.
Stackline is looking for a data engineer to build high-quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems. You will need to analyze data to ensure business requirements are met, identifying inconsistencies in the data and optimize/support current processes.
As a Data Engineer you will need your experience building and optimizing backend services along with data pipelines from dozens of sources and API’s as we process, ingest and cleanse over a billion data points each week. You will be working closely with Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Business Intelligence teams. This is a very hand on software engineering role, where a large part of your time is spent writing code with the remainder spent on designing and architecting systems. A common question is, “Will I be able to see my codes impact on the products you create?” The answer is an enthusiastic, “Yes!”
We're looking for engineers to come in ready to design, build and launch new data extraction, and work with data infrastructure to triage and resolve infrastructure issues.
- 3+ years experience with Python with data packages and deployment scripts.
- 2+ years working with databases such as MongoDB, Redshift, S3, Postgres, or Elasticsearch.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience designing custom ETL processes.
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another technical field.
- 3+ years of experience building, scaling and maintaining software and data infrastructure.
- 2+ years’ experience writing SQL statements.
- Experience working with a large scale SAAS application.
- Experience with Spark, Kibana or Airflow.
- People who think big, work hard, and solve problems.
- Experience working in a startup, retail, digital advertising, or e-commerce environment.
Benefits and Perks: It’s important each and every employee feels they are supported and can complete their life’s best work today and in the future. We are investing in each person not only with competitive compensation, but also with industry leading benefits and perks. A few ways we support our employees is by offering:
- 100% paid health, medical and vision for employees and qualifying dependents
- Company 401k plan
- 20 days of PTO (with no accrual or tenure needed)
- 7 company holidays
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave - 20 weeks for new mothers and 12 weeks for new fathers
- Summer Fridays at 2pm
- Catered lunches each Friday in the office
- Fully stocked kitchen snacks with weekly fresh fruit
Stackline is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.