Stackline is an all-in-one ecommerce platform for brands and retailers. By combining market intelligence, advertising automation, workflow management, and operational analytics into a single platform, Stackline delivers the industry-leading operating system for companies to scale their online retail business globally. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Seattle with additional offices in Minneapolis, New York and London, Stackline is on a mission to engineer the world’s most powerful data, tools, and services for commerce.
Over the past year, Stackline has raised $180 million in strategic investments from Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and TA Associates. Stackline’s extensive brand list includes Starbucks, Sony, General Mills, Mondelez, and Levi’s.
Join our team as a Data Engineer and you will help leading consumer brands use data and technology to discover insights, improve decision-making and transform their businesses.
Stackline is looking for a data engineer to build high-quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems. You will need to analyze data to ensure business requirements are met, identifying inconsistencies in the data and optimize/support current processes.
As a Data Engineer you will need your experience building and optimizing backend services along with data pipelines from dozens of sources and API’s as we process, ingest and cleanse over a billion data points each week. You will be working closely with Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Business Intelligence teams. This is a very hand on software engineering role, where a large part of your time is spent writing code with the remainder spent on designing and architecting systems. A common question is, “Will I be able to see my codes impact on the products you create?” The answer is an enthusiastic, “Yes!”
We're looking for engineers to come in ready to design, build and launch new data extraction, and work with data infrastructure to triage and resolve infrastructure issues.
- 3+ years experience with Python with data packages and deployment scripts.
- 2+ years working with databases such as MongoDB, Redshift, S3, Postgres, or Elasticsearch.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience designing custom ETL processes.
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another technical field.
- 3+ years of experience building, scaling and maintaining software and data infrastructure.
- 2+ years’ experience writing SQL statements.
- Experience working with a large scale SAAS application.
- Experience with Spark, Kibana or Airflow.
- People who think big, work hard, and solve problems.
- Experience working in a startup, retail, digital advertising, or e-commerce environment.
Benefits and Perks: It’s important each and every employee feels they are supported and can complete their life’s best work today and in the future. We are investing in each person not only with competitive compensation, but also with industry leading benefits and perks. A few ways we support our employees is by offering:
- 100% paid health, medical and vision for employees and qualifying dependents
- Company 401k plan plus matching
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 20 days annually of Paid Time Off (with no accrual or tenure needed)
- 7 Paid company holidays
- 100% Paid Parental leave - 20 weeks for birthing mothers and 12 weeks for all other parents
- Summer Fridays early close at 2pm
- Annual training and development stipend of $1,000 USD
- Fully stocked kitchen snacks with weekly fresh fruit
Stackline is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.