Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
- Measure the impact of product launches using experimental and quasi-experimental methods (A/B testing, causal inference, statistical modeling)
- Discover new opportunities and shape product/business strategies through data-centric approaches
- Maintain, monitor, and debug production models/decisions systems
- Develop metrics to measure system performance and business impact
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of 2-7+ years of industry experience in Data Science
- Strong programming skills (Python and R preferred). Proficient with statistical data analysis and modeling
- Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication and keen attention to detail
Nice to Haves:
- Advanced degree in economics, statistics, computer science, operations research, engineering, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject
- Experience in SQL and ETL pipeline
- Strong examples of your outputs influencing product or engineering road-maps
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!