About the Role:
We are seeking a highly analytical and creative individual to help us understand our customers and our business through data. You will have the opportunity to dig into data to better understand how customers use our product, and you will work closely with teams across the company to build your findings into automated models and reports that improve our product and internal operations.
We are a small, fast-moving team that supports high-impact company initiatives and projects that inform business strategy. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, excels at tackling ambiguous problems with logical and structured thinking, and is eager to learn and apply new techniques to solve whatever challenges arise. If you are excited about using your quantitative and data expertise to help support informed and confident decisions, join us to have an immediate impact on a fast-growing team.
In this role you will:
- Use statistical and predictive modeling techniques to explore data, create and clean datasets, perform deep dive analyses, and answer key business questions.
- Proactively identify opportunities to use automated data models to improve our product and impact different areas of the business.
- Partner with other teams to create tools, reports, or product features that allow learnings or recommendations from the data to support both internal and customer decisions.
- Work with internal stakeholders to refine and teach the use of tools you have built, and present findings to a wide range of colleagues, from data scientists to executives.
- Automate, streamline, and document new and existing data processes to make them widely reusable.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- Excellent quantitative, data modeling, and statistics skills. Graduate degree in a quantitative or medical field (e.g. Economics, Statistics, Math, Operations Research, Engineering, Physics etc.) preferred; experience with advanced modeling techniques highly desirable.
- 1-5 years experience working with data in an analytical role.
- Experience with SQL and a scripting language such as python or R.
- Demonstrated experience working in a self-directed manner and driving data projects from inception to completion.
- Excellent communication and writing skills; ability to work effectively with and explain complex modeling approaches to both technical and non-technical collaborators.
- Business acumen, customer focus, and a knack for building practical, iterative solutions.
- Experience with natural language processing is a plus.
- Experience with e-commerce or web analytics is a plus.
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.