Gravity Payments is looking for a professional database administrator (DBA) who will assist in keeping the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both back-end data structure and front-end accessibility for end-users. This database is used across 4 different product platforms and is a critical system in our architecture. The ideal candidate will be curious, question the status quo, a fast learner and an excellent communicator. This position can be based in either Boise, Idaho or Seattle, Washington and will report to an engineering manager.
- Build, maintain, and upgrade database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Assist in design and perform technical reviews of schema and infrastructure changes
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in an appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Automate manual database processes where appropriate
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator, including scripting in PowerShell, in Azure SQL environment
- Knowledge of current database technologies with a desire to learn about emerging technologies.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding, AWS RMS environment and devops working objectives
- Familiarity with document-based databases, especially MongoDB
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Familiarity with common programming languages
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
Gravity Payments offers insanely helpful payment processing, financial services, and 24/7 human support so independent-business owners can relax and run their business with confidence.