Limeade is an engagement company that inspires employee commitment and elevates company culture. Our mission is to improve well-being in the world. We are looking for a Database Administrator to help us do exactly that.
At Limeade, we take a whole person, whole company and whole ecosystem approach to measurably improve employee well-being and performance. But we go much further than that, helping our customers build cultures that support well-being that move the needle on their business goals. Our engagement platform is immersive and holistic – as it must be to help solve the bigger well-being and engagement problems facing today’s businesses. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade serves over 100 employers and top global brands.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Learn more at www.limeade.com
About the role:
Limeade is looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join Limeade’s IT Ops team. This position will be supporting our business intelligence and production database environments while working alongside our development teams. The Database Administrator will support Tableau Server and all aspects of administration of Tableau and SQL Server. Experience with Open Source and cloud experience is a plus as we will soon be doing big data analysis with cloud based infrastructure and open source applications.
- Have a passion for data and helping others learn more about database systems
- Administer all aspects of database servers, including applying patches, upgrading or migrating, and planning for appropriate capacity
- Ability to find and make recommendations for improving performance in code, database and server configuration, and indexing
- Monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, and performance tune SQL ETL processes
- Expertise in database server internals and best practices for database architecture and physical data modeling
- Maintain service level agreements for performance and reliability requirements for new and existing applications
- Assist the team in deciding which open source database platform(s) to utilize
- Ability to code complex SQL statements
- Experience supporting Kimball data warehouse techniques.
- Support experience in big data environment or desire to learn that includes cloud infrastructure running on Linux
- Experience working in Agile development environment with source control and multiple environments
- Develop and maintain a high proficiency in written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team-player, meeting deadlines and expectations
- Review existing processes and recommend changes or institute new processes
- Generate high-quality project documentation, such as data models, implementation plans, design documents, etc.
- Provide technical escalation and be on call via pager during designated periods
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and new methods and technologies, and constantly update our own practices to take advantage of these new methods and technologies
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
- 1-3 years of experience supporting BI tools like Tableau Server
- 3-5 years of experience implementing, maintaining and architecting database solutions
- Experience automating repetitive tasks with SQL, PowerShell, C#, and/or Python, Bash, etc. Must be proficient at the command line
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining SQL databases in a SaaS or e-Commerce environment
- Expertise in MS SQL Server with some exposure to 2012+ versions, including typical DBA operations and query optimization via code refactoring, indexing, and partitioning
- Server configuration and tuning, backup and recovery, index maintenance, performance tuning, and indexes
- Solid understanding of security concepts, principles and practices in a HIPAA or other equally stringent environment
- OLTP and OLAP support and design experience
- Experience with cloud-based big-data warehouse services such as Redshift and Azure data lake a plus
- Experience with distributed columnar databases a plus
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.