Database & Reporting Engineer at Skilljar (Seattle, WA)
Skilljar is seeking a Database & Reporting Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will be responsible for designing, implementing, and continuously improving externally and internally facing reporting solutions. Secure, accurate, and scalable reporting solutions are key to our success and growth, and empower our customers to take full advantage of the Skilljar platform to ensure their success.
We’re looking for someone with a successful track record in the data reporting and analysis space along with strong, empathetic communication skills. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Work with customers and internal business stakeholders to understand data & reporting requirements and translate to technical requirements.
- Develop and enhance customer facing reporting solutions, adding new reports and enhancements based on customers’ needs.
- Help design, build, and support high quality data reporting solutions (data warehouses, self service reporting solutions, etc.) for internal business users.
- Collaborate and communicate with the engineering team to optimize data reporting tools and reporting infrastructures.
- Use engineering best practices to ensure security and privacy compliance across all data reporting projects.
- Keep up to date on best practices, new technologies, and relevant industry news.
- 4+ years of experience working in one of the following capacities: Database Engineer, SQL Developer, Business Intelligence Engineer, or Reporting Engineer.
- 3+ years of experience coding in SQL or Python.
- Strong and empathetic communication skills and experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Hands-on experience with:
- Creating and maintaining relational reporting databases and schemas.
- Writing SQL script and procedures.
- Creating and maintaining ETL processes; either by utilizing a vendor tool or native SQL scripts
- Writing technical design and data flow documents.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices within software engineering, database/SQL.
- Experience with agile and scrum software development cycle.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Postgres DB and Python scripting.
- Experience with Data Presentation & Visualization tools (like PowerBI, Tableau, etc).
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.